+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, [SOLVED] Problems between HTTP and HTTPS in Coding and Web Development; I am currently re-developing our website and have come across some issues with getting it to go to the correct ...
    Thank Post

[SOLVED] Problems between HTTP and HTTPS

I am currently re-developing our website and have come across some issues with getting it to go to the correct pages. On the website I have a link to go to 'Accounts' this part of the website needs to be HTTPS, so i created a IIS rewrite rule that changes this part into HTTPS. Inside this works perfectly. Unfortunately when I access the website away from my network it changes the account link to HTTP, if i type in HTTPS it works fine but the link will not auto redirect.

It is all under one site in IIS as i believe that is correct with a valid certificate, and bindings for both port 80 and 443,

if anyone else has seen this or knows why this is happening, your help would be grateful.
    Last edited by thesk8rjesus; 7th March 2013 at 01:51 PM.

Thank Post
    After changing what I was googling I have found that the problem is down to TMG 2010 and its sending the clients round in a loop because of the URL Rewrite rule that I have. If anyone knows how to configure TMG 2010 to use URL Rewrite rules correctly, please help.

Thank Post
    After bashing my head against my monitor, my brain started to work and i have found the solution to having a HTTP and HTTPS site through TMG2010.

To stop the problem of it going to HTTP i had to create a new rule stating that anything that went to /account/* would be denied and redirected to https://domain/account/*, this rule had to be higher than the HTTP allow rule.

I removed the URL Rewrite rule from IIS and this is now working, externally and internally.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread