+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, iFrame question in Coding and Web Development; not really too code-savvy, but am working on my site using dreamweaver (view is split code/design). I did a search ...

Thank Post

Question iFrame question

not really too code-savvy, but am working on my site using dreamweaver (view is split code/design). I did a search for my question, but only got a partial answer.

I am trying to use the iframe to display another site within mine - my url is for DJing, and the site i am trying to display is the streamer. It shows it in a small frame for about a second, then the entire page gets redirected to the streaming site.

any idea on how i can stop that from happening, or maybe i am going about it the wrong way?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 816 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Its probably a javascript on the page your linking to. It is probably detecting the main url as not being the iframed site and causing the redirect.
    If thats the case you cant really block it easily.

Thank Post
    Yeah, what ZeroHour said is correct. The redirection might seem like a inconvenience but it is widely used to prevent people from using your works on other websites. If people don't visit the original website (possibly missing an advert or two) then the creator loses out. I would suggest you link to the site in this instance without trying to circumvent it, however if you find one which doesn't redirect then by all means!

Thank Post
    If the you're trying to iframe a stream from another site, then what you could do is point the iframe at the stream link which will most likely be using Flash (a .swf link on the page, so should be easy, just inspect the source code on the page for it) that is being embed to their page rather than the actual page itself. Hope I'm making sense.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread