+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, Joomla Migration with jupgrade - "migrating undefined"? in Coding and Web Development; Currently on Joomla 1.5(.26) like a fair number of Joomla sites out there on a standard Joomla install (as opposed ...
    Thank Post

Joomla Migration with jupgrade - "migrating undefined"?

Currently on Joomla 1.5(.26) like a fair number of Joomla sites out there on a standard Joomla install (as opposed to the edugeek supported/maintained one).

We've been subject to alot of the standard joomla security breaches recently so we are very keen to migrate to 2.5 asap.

Whilst jupgrade downloads and installs the new version plus the database, when it comes to migration is simply sits on "migrating undefined" and the debug mode just says [undefined]-[undefined].

Google suggests it's not an uncommon issue with others having success by extracting and configuring manually then skipping certain steps, however that hasn't helped us at all.

Just wondered if anyone else who has attempted a migration has come across this or even if some advice could be shed? Feel like we're at a standstill at the moment!

Thank Post
    I had no joy with jupgrade plus the template we used was not available for 2.5 so I took the opportunity to swap template and use an extension called j2xml and built the site locally exporting a bit at a time, the menus were the only part I created from scratch. It's a very good extension

Thank Post
    Jupgrade didn't work for me either.

Thank Post
    It did work for us, took a bit of time and persistence. Silly question - what browser are you using to do the migration? I've found it can make a difference due to timeouts etc. How long did you leave it to go? It can take a long time to work. The template can be made to work - there's some great guides out there on fixing your 1.5 template to work in 2.5 - ours was done this way.

Thank Post
    Couldn't even get it started using IE but it does download/extract etc and start migrating if using firefox. Yesterday I started it at 1pm and gave up when I left at 5pm.. was still migrating undefined!

Thing is the debug is hopeless and I have no idea what needs to be changed/amended to fix this, or even if a certain step can be skipped and done manually. Really do not fancy setting up a 2.5 site from scratch and manually migrating(!)

Thank Post
    Sorry if you've already seen it, I believe I went through these steps and fixed it:

Successful Migration using jUpgrade v2.5.0:: Step

There's this too:

[Ans]jupgrade gets stuck in migrating undefined

Thank Post
    Got it working eventually, by downgrading the Joomla install to 2.5.4 (from the latest 2.5.7), copying/extracting this manually first then upgrading with the previous version of jupgrade. What alot of faff, but it does mean after spending countless weekend hours, we now have a near-fully functional Joomla 2.5 site!

Glad that is out of the way now.. been meaning to do it for the last 18 months (since 1.6)!

Thank Post
    One thing I would check when using jUpgrade is that the right database prefix is set in the component, as this caught me out and when I checked it worked perfectly

Thank Post
    I eventually tracked my issue to some duplicate Alias/article names. I had to go through manually and edit them in the MySQL database. I can't remember fully but I also found issue with the folder not appearing where it was meant to & I had to create one manually.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread