+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, Joomla Queries in Coding and Web Development; Hiya, I'm getting to the point to launch our Joomla site live but there are some niggling problems / queries ...

Thank Post

Joomla Queries

Hiya,

I'm getting to the point to launch our Joomla site live but there are some niggling problems / queries that i need to get to the bottom of.

When i want to edit the global config on the site i'm getting an error message saying "An error has occured unable to open config file to write" I've logged onto the server locally and tried through this way and it appears to accept the changes but then when i check the global config again its not saved the relevant changes.

User Editing?

The idea behind this Joomla site is that each department in the school gets a user logon and password to edit their own area of the site. We want the teachers to be able to add and edit content but the content has to be OK'd by another user before it goes live onto the website but i'm getting confused with the different user groups and who needs to be in what group to edit and make changes and so on?

Last thing i've been having some problems on the contact us page. When a user adds in their content to send to the contact i get an error message saying please make sure the form is complete and valid.

Is everyone ready for the summer break?

Re: Joomla Queries

When i want to edit the global config on the site i'm getting an error message saying "An error has occured unable to open config file to write" I've logged onto the server locally and tried through this way and it appears to accept the changes but then when i check the global config again its not saved the relevant changes.
    Sounds like permission issues. Check that you have write access to the configuration.php file.

The idea behind this Joomla site is that each department in the school gets a user logon and password to edit their own area of the site. We want the teachers to be able to add and edit content but the content has to be OK'd by another user before it goes live onto the website but i'm getting confused with the different user groups and who needs to be in what group to edit and make changes and so on?
    Try setting teachers up as Authors and the user that wil check and OK the content as a Publisher

Thank Post

Re: Joomla Queries

Cheers Sysman. You're the Joomla Guru.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread