Management of Hosted VLE resources
Our school is due to go live with Pearson Fronter in the summer. I'm looking at introducing an operational policy on the content types that are generally accepted on a hosted VLE.
I was just wondering what, for those of you who use a hosted VLE, permit to be uploaded to it, given that bandwidth and space is a commodity often at a premium?
- Do you have maximum / minimum file sizes?
- Do restrict certain file types?
- How often to you administratively audit content on the system (assuming, usage stats are available)?
- Do you encourage certain types of content to be stored locally (within the network) to conserve bandwidth?
- Do you encourage linking to youtube videos as opposed to downloading and then transferring to the VLE?
Any other thoughts on the matter are greatly welcome.