Moodle Ldap problem
We have moodle sitting on a Ubuntu server and using LDAp to authenticate the users to AD. It's worked fine since November then at 3pm todau stopped letting us login with error
LDAP-module cannot connect to any servers: Server: 'ldap://servername.domainnameConnection: 'Resource id #61' Bind result: ''
We haven't changed anything. Most stuff on the web says it's a bind user issue, but why would it change?
How can I check the binding settings when I can't get into Moodle?
Is there a way to get into moodle from a back door on ubuntu?
I'm a moodle and ubuntu newbie, so all help gtreatly appreciated.
A bind result is usually a username/ password issue
Sorry I cant be of anymore help but i would check user expiration and check there have been no password changes etc
Password expirations also a cause of this, that you never realise until its to late.
The Moodle backdoor would be the admin user setup totally independently of LDAP and AD - surely you have one for the initial setup to take place. That'll be the way back in.
Yup, check the bind user/password. Had an issue with this when we updated all our admin passwords, and forget to change it in the moodle config.
Thanks for all the suggestions, twas a crashed DC not letting go. And yes I now have details of the moodle admin account. all neatly documented for next time!