Maybe that will help someone understand my issue?
1. He contacted the help desk in IXwebhosting and had them set his .htaccess file to php_flag register_globals off
2. He had to set permissions in Mysql by going to the Databases->MySQL Server-> and in the MySQL database management box I went to the Database users area at the bottom of the box and in the second column clicked on the EDIT icon. [!!NOT SURE HOW I'D DO THAT!!]
3. The EDIT icon took him to a page that says "You are about to administer user privileges on database", wherein he granted myself the privileges needed to modify the database by clicking next to all the necessary boxes and then clicked on Submit.
4. Then he Clicked on phpmyadmin in control panel
5. Checked on the name of the database and clicked Launch button
6. Selected the database table
7. Clicked on the Operations Tab
8. Changed collation to Utf-8 and clicked the Go button.
This changed the collation of his database to UTF-8.
Once this was done he went back to the install procedure and everything went well until I got a message telling him that Moodle could not create the config.php file. However it showed him the config.php file and gave him the option to download it, which he did. He uploaded the config.php file to the Moodle directory on the server and then proceeded with the rest of the install without any more problems.