Moodle for primary school?
OK - following on from the Uniservity thread, the Head has asked me to look at some alternatives.
I'll be ringing the DB Primary guys for a demo account to look at but I don't have a good feeling about their stuff - the few sites running it I found spew a couple of dozen W3C validator errors and that is seldom a good sign.
Frog: Rumours are it may cost too much;
Moodle: Well, I can install and test it myself (that you opensource).
But before I spend a huge amount of time, a quick question or two here might be in order:
The required feature set for our school's use will be pretty much:
1) Simple web page creation;
2) Easy bulk photos upload and display; Ditto for newsletter
3) Private (aka password protected) and public pages at will;
4) Hosted service for small amounts of money including site backups.
5) Ability to turn off as much other functionality as possible so it doesn't get in the way and confuse people.
Do you reckon, in a nutshell, with a hosted service, moodle would suit?
Thanks in advance,