Moodle Database issues.
Basically I took over a moodle isntallation that's about 6 years old.
From time to time moodle will go down and it will come up with the error message
"Error: Database Connection Failed"
I'll restart the server and everything is all good. Are there any logs I can view to see if there is anything that happens just prior to the issue? It seems to happen every two weeks or so so I'm thinking there is something setting it off and I'm not 100% wau fait ith Moodle so want to make sure the issue isn't there.
it might be your hitting the maximum number of allowed concurrent connections to the database.
We periodically hit this problem. admin/dbperformance.php says max connections is 151. I want to change this so I'm looking in xampp/mysql/bin/my.ini but I can't see any connections sections.
it should be /etc/my.cnf
Originally Posted by barney
add soemthing like "max_connections = 500 " and do a "service mysqld restart"
Thanks CyberNerd but it's Windows...I have added the following to the bottom of the my.ini
Max_Connections = 500
Will see what happens
For what it's worth, mine is just under a [mysqld] heading, not [connections].