+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Thoughts on Frog Conference in Technical; Hello everyone, Have just posted some of my notes on the workshops that I attended on the 19th of June ...
    Thank Post

Thoughts on Frog Conference

Hello everyone,

Have just posted some of my notes on the workshops that I attended on the 19th of June at 'The International Learning Platforms Conference 2012' on my blog:

EduTechnicians

If you have anythoughts on these or other workshops you atteneded on the day then I welcome your imput, either to me or as a Guest Author on the blog.

Many thanks
    FS171

Thank Post
    We attended and was impressed (didnt expect anything less really ). Minus the moral speech talker and a good idea I wasn't tweating at the time! Great that Frog removed him though they did notice all the tweats!

Workshops gave us a few ideas but because we already have Frog and a good driving force most of it we already had on our To Do/done list. One thing I did add was the fact that a School has an online parents evening area which actually seemed brilliant and does it all. It look very easy to book times with your childs teachers and even edit them if needed to.

I found the conference about Frog4 the main benefit of the day, it really does look impressive beyond what any other VLE has in development. We are fully releasing Frog before Xmas, we are going to do full days training on frog at the start of september and bam away we go. We are developing Dept sites at the moment and these are almost done with content as well.

We do keep forgeting that we have had a VLE for about 4-6 years compared to other Schools - our current VLE based on Moodle which we are replacing although its great on the data side and does exactly what we need to do. It lacks in everything else.

Me and a colleague also went to a Kent Schools meeting Re: Frog was also useful. Hopefully the community site gets their update and more activity!
    Last edited by mthomas08; 4th July 2012 at 02:37 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread