+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog Bricks in Technical; ...and where do they hide them in the toolkit! I'm trying (and failing dismally) to try & find the 'PEP ...

Thank Post

Frog Bricks

...and where do they hide them in the toolkit!

I'm trying (and failing dismally) to try & find the 'PEP Homework View' page that is created when you insert the 'PEP Homework View' brick. I'm pretty sure it's a widget of some sort and I want it to display 100% across the page NOT in it's default, tiny, cramped display.

ALSO does anyone know HOW to display JUST a list of homeworks set to individual pupils in the parental portal. I don't want to display the complete feed, just homeworks that have been set & their deadlines.

Frog help desk......slow & vague.

Thank Post
    Good question. I've had this open with support for approx 9months, so don't expect an answer soon. The Pep homework widget is fixed in size. the feed (social networking - with tons of options) does not work when you specify the homework, or attendance seems to just like status updates and wall post. The child feed under pep has no options so it's all or nothing (assuming it works - it's not worked for us for well over a year).

I've been told that it may be fixed in the next version - I'll not hold my breathe. I'd been lead to believe that it was only "our school" that had these problems.

So has anyone got this working? Sorry to be so doom and gloom.
    Last edited by frogwoman; 3rd July 2012 at 08:34 AM.

Thank Post

PEP Brick Bad - Homework Feed Good

I think, I've cracked it, well......., some of it.....possibly.

Yup the PEP brick is rubbish and it's definitely NOT just your school. Hopefully, they will sort it soon BUT like you I'm not going to hold my breath.

However, I have sorted the feed widget by copying the standard one to my widgets, changing the options, renaming it and copying it back to the parental portal widgets.
    Longwinded BUT gives me the results we need.

It's odd that amongst all the widget options there isn't one to just show a set work/deadlines feed.

Next mission is to build a 'Homework' so that everyone can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by frogwoman View Post
    Sorry to be so doom and gloom.
    Hopefully I can source some light in the darkness.

Thank Post
    Can you get the feed to show just attendance? Also are you sure it is showing all quick issue works/assigned lessons (homework)? These are my two issues with the social networking feed.

Thank Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by frogwoman View Post
    Can you get the feed to show just attendance? Also are you sure it is showing all quick issue works/assigned lessons (homework)?
    You can see what I've built together here:

Bideford College Web Dev » Blog Archive » Final Piece In The Homework Jigsaw

The feed just shows homework tasks set to the parents child/children. (It shows a all works set for all children if you have more than 1 child, but when you select the child it shows just their individual tasks)

The attendance is shown using the 'Lesson Attendance by Subject' nested page/user component.

"Clear as mud"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rattuswonkler View Post
    You can see what I've built together here:

Bideford College Web Dev » Blog Archive » Final Piece In The Homework Jigsaw

The feed just shows homework tasks set to the parents child/children. (It shows a all works set for all children if you have more than 1 child, but when you select the child it shows just their individual tasks)

The attendance is shown using the 'Lesson Attendance by Subject' nested page/user component.

"Clear as mud"
    Thats nice, was it quick and easy to set that up? if so how if not - can you share?

Thank Post
    In actual fact it was really easy to set up. It just took me a few minutes to wrap my head around where to get the feed from & how to edit it.
    (I actually copied the 'childs feed' from the parental portal widgets folder, renamed it 'homework feed' and then edited it to select just the options we needed then copy it back to the parental root folder)
    The attendance data is just a frog brick.
    The plan is to adapt a widget I built for students and share it on the widget store.
    Hope that helps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread