+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Testing my SCORM - any offers. in Technical; Hi. I'm writing a free quiz/game generator system called CyQuiz which has SCORM generation built in. I have tested it ...

Thank Post

Testing my SCORM - any offers.

Hi. I'm writing a free quiz/game generator system called CyQuiz which has SCORM generation built in. I have tested it on Moodle 1.99 and the Rustici Cloud, but I would like to know if it works on other VLEs e.g. Frog, Uniservity etc.

I have a test file which the system produced. You can check it isn't some kind of trojan scam by opening it ; it is just a Manifest and a pile of Javascript contained in one HTML file.

I would be grateful if people could spare the time to check it works on VLEs which I do not have access to. I have attempted to contact the manufacturers but only two so far have shown willingness to let me have some sort of access to a demo account (which I can quite understand)

If you want to have a look first you can log into my test moodle at cms.cyquiz.co.uk, login user, password user, it is on Scorm Demo 102. (This is a junk installation for testing).

Many thanks,

Paul Robson.
    Last edited by cyquiz; 8th May 2012 at 02:45 PM.

hit
    Thank Post
    I owudl be happy to try it for you in Fronter

Thank Post
    We can try it on our moodle if you like...

Thank Post
    Thank you very much. I have already tried it on a Moodle but there are many different versions.

It's a very simple short quiz with only three questions and no fun bits in the middle. They all use the same SCORM interface code so if one works they should all work

I'll put the link in the next post

Thank Post

Thank Post
    I've given it a go with SharePoint Learning Kit. My comments:

1. It's not obvious how to start it. I randomly clicked around until I hit the 1. The mouse pointer didn't change when hovering over it, so no visual indication you can click.
    2. Bar charts display differently in IE and FireFox. In IE they have lines across.
    3. When you finish the test, you can't see the results as the state is changed and a new page shown before you can read it.
    4. At the end you change the state to suspended instead of submitted. The user is then forced to submit as a separate action.
    5. Teacher and student review mode do not show the answers. Same on your Moodle site as well.

Hope this helps and good luck with getting it finished.
    Richard

Thank Post
    Thanks for that ! Some great suggestions.

I've implemented 1,2 and 4 (or fixed them).

5 at present it isn't designed to, but I am looking at cmi.interactions It just reports scores. I'm a bit torn between having too little data (just the score) or too much.

3 puzzles me. The state gets set to suspended at the start when it's in an invalid state but it does get set to complete before calling LMSFinish/Terminate (is this 1.2 or 2004 ?). I've run it through both on the testbed and it should'nt leave it in suspended unless you break out before the end. I'll see if Sharepoint will let me have a demo account

Thank Post
    Hi,

Just imported it into Frog. Imported fine and ran ok, picked up my name automatically.
    Have to agree with the the points made about running it.
    No clear start button, and while going through the test having the OK button there faded out makes it look like it's not accepted the answer. Didn't realise the arrows were there.
    It lets you advance without an answer, but not clear you've missed one out though.

Cheers

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanks for trying it.

I have taken the ideas on board about the start screen. Oddly virtually everywhere else the active buttons highlight but not on the title screen.

It now zooms slightly when you mouseover it to indicate it is active. Unfortunately this won't work on an iPad, Android Tablet, Phone etc. because they don't do MouseOver

I have never been totally happy with this application (TestQuiz). It's been heavily reorganised twice now. All the others use questions sequentially in one way or another wrapped around game, some synchronously, some asynchonously.

It has never quite worked the way I wanted it to. It is the best for testing though because you can whiz through the questions easily, though, and it's also the smallest because there are no sound effects and very few graphics in it.

That's why I used it for the testing

Thanks again for your time.
    Last edited by cyquiz; 14th May 2012 at 04:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've just tried it with our Blackboard VLE, it seems to work as advertised. I don't have anything else to add that the other posters haven't already said.

Thank Post
    Thank you very much.

I've taken gumbygaz's comment about the Ok button on board ; it now only appears when you can actually finish (rather than being greyed out) and says "Finish Now".

I need some sort of progress indicator but I need to give that more thought.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread