+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog upload Internet Explorer 9 Problem!!??? in Technical; not sure if this will work for you as ours is a link in our portal and this is an ...

Thank Post
    not sure if this will work for you as ours is a link in our portal and this is an alternative method for when things like proxy's are against you!

Frog community site you will then get asked to enter your external frog server details, so that it can validate your login - you may be barred from doing this by role/profile settings.
    Last edited by frogwoman; 1st May 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: url appeared wrong

Thank Post
    thanks but its a no go!!! wont accept it, i think i will just have to wait patiently untill they update frog. if support cant help me then i cant do any more! thanks all for helping tho

Thank Post
    Hi Phillip,

Can I ask - do you still have a problem accessing the Frog community site?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi

yes i still have a problem. i have put in the full domain name of our site and it didnt want to know.

Thank Post
    Your public URL to your frogserver? So in my case, it's 'portal.stalbans-high.herts.sch.uk' (without the quotes) and then the username and password you log onto Frog with?

Strange. PM me the name of the school and I'll see if I can find out anything further for you?

Thank Post
    *Update*

it seems if i disable Adobe Shockwave Version 11.1.102.62 from the "Manage Add-ons" screen it brings up the Simple uploader. and works!!! finally im getting somewhere :-)

i deployed this through GPO last year. and seems to be the culpret???? not sure what do you guys think.

do i need to down grade me shockwave to get it working properly?

Thank Post
    Got 11.1.102.63 here, Shockwave we install on every machine but we never used GPO to deploy this one. We just install exe or use site for images.

Perhaps try a manual update from website instead of using GPO see if that helps?

Thank Post
    Update 2!

i can now confirm it is my Adobe Shockwave msi installation i downloaded from the adobe site, i did deploy this file through out the school. it has corrupted all my pcs in school and will have to rebuild a new school image!

just been onto the adobe site for the shockwave uninstaller and will not uninstall it, it still remains within the Add-ons list,

ive disabled the software deployment gpo!

thanks to all that have tried to help.

** Stroll on HTML5 when we dont have to rely on this stupid plugins!!!!! **

Thank Post
    Glad to of helped, hopefully if other people are having this problem they will see this. Might be a good idea to drop frog an email just to let them know so they can pass on the info to other people who have the same issue.

Thank Post
    yip i will do! i was told that it depends on Adobe Flash Player, so im a bit surprised here on shock wave being a culprit!

i will let them know on this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phillip_croxford View Post
    No sadly i don't have access to that. i believe our LEA has this! Where can i find the frog community site? can you send me the link please. i would be most grateful thank you
    I've had this problem in the past too- but when Frog upgraded our version the problem was removed. Give them a call on tech support 01422 395939 and they should help.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phillip_croxford View Post
    ** Stroll on HTML5 when we dont have to rely on this stupid plugins!!!!! **
    Wouldn't start holding your breath just yet - our Frog rep told my deputy head only this week that Malaysia would be getting Frog4 first, and that it would probably be another three years or so before it filtered down to sites in the UK.

Can't quite equate that with what Gareth Davies wrote in his blog and my colleague may have got the wrong end of the stick - so treat the above with a huge pinch of salt - but with any luck we should be able to corner Gareth at the Frog Conference and (metaphorically) beat a timescale out of him if it's not explicitly mentioned at some point by then.
    Last edited by TheCrust; 25th May 2012 at 09:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Three years sounds unlikely - the indications seem to indicate we'll see many elements of Frog 4 in the next 6-12 months although hopefully the Conference will announce more details!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john316 View Post
    Three years sounds unlikely - the indications seem to indicate we'll see many elements of Frog 4 in the next 6-12 months although hopefully the Conference will announce more details!
    I would totally agree, I am heading there this year so I will find out more. Gareth did say they will announce more details @ the conference. As for the deploying one thing he did say on his blog is you can choose if you want it or wait down the line for it when it is released.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12