Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Management of Hosted VLE resources in Technical; Hey folks,
Our school is due to go live with Pearson Fronter in the summer. I'm looking at introducing an ...
2nd March 2012, 02:10 PM #1
Management of Hosted VLE resources
Our school is due to go live with Pearson Fronter in the summer. I'm looking at introducing an operational policy on the content types that are generally accepted on a hosted VLE.
I was just wondering what, for those of you who use a hosted VLE, permit to be uploaded to it, given that bandwidth and space is a commodity often at a premium?
- Do you have maximum / minimum file sizes?
- Do restrict certain file types?
- How often to you administratively audit content on the system (assuming, usage stats are available)?
- Do you encourage certain types of content to be stored locally (within the network) to conserve bandwidth?
- Do you encourage linking to youtube videos as opposed to downloading and then transferring to the VLE?
Any other thoughts on the matter are greatly welcome.
IDG Tech News
By sidewinder in forum Web Development
Last Post: 21st December 2011, 01:05 PM
By Messa in forum Windows
Last Post: 15th February 2009, 08:10 PM
By kimclayton in forum Network and Classroom Management
Last Post: 4th January 2009, 10:30 PM
By DanW in forum Educational IT Jobs
Last Post: 24th May 2008, 01:43 PM
By tosca925 in forum General Chat
Last Post: 17th March 2006, 09:55 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)