Our school is due to go live with Pearson Fronter in the summer. I'm looking at introducing an operational policy on the content types that are generally accepted on a hosted VLE.
I was just wondering what, for those of you who use a hosted VLE, permit to be uploaded to it, given that bandwidth and space is a commodity often at a premium?
- Do you have maximum / minimum file sizes?
- Do restrict certain file types?
- How often to you administratively audit content on the system (assuming, usage stats are available)?
- Do you encourage certain types of content to be stored locally (within the network) to conserve bandwidth?
- Do you encourage linking to youtube videos as opposed to downloading and then transferring to the VLE?
Any other thoughts on the matter are greatly welcome.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)