+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Schools with Well Used Moodle Sites in Technical; If you are a primary or prep school using Moodle successfully and would like to share your experiences or have ...

Thank Post

Schools with Well Used Moodle Sites

If you are a primary or prep school using Moodle successfully and would like to share your experiences or have visitors please get in touch. Ideally based in Surrey or the South East we are looking to find some Moodle using schools who wouldnt mind us visiting or looking at their site to get some inspiration and ideas.

We have a Moodle site in its early stages but are looking for ways to generate excitement and use as well as helping us with some course and background setup questions. So far most of what I have read on forums is about how people have abandoned their VLE's due to a feeling of lethargy about them.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi, I am the Head of ICT at a school in North Wales, which is obviously nowhere near Surrey (I'm a Cranleigh boy myself) and we have been using Moodle for about 4-5 years. I use it extensively for KS3, 4 and 5 ICT courses as do our Technology department. I have customised it quite a lot to make it more student friendly. I would be happy to chat with you and do a screen-share with you over Skype to show you our site. Let me know if you are interested.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Link to mine is here. We are just south of horsham if you would like to look/chat although we are secondary. I don't have much input over the content but it was full designed by me based on our Intranet themes

Thank Post
    Off topic slightly (and I apologise) but @glennda where did you get the icons from on the front page of your Moodle? Ours is looking tired and I've been asked to source some good 'subject based' icons/ images to use.

Interestingly our moodle is in its relative infancy but already both ICT and Science (and others) seem to be using it quite successfully - unfortunately I can help with a visit but I can say its a great tool that (for free) is worth the time you will spend getting it up and running

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    @sister_annex not a clue. That is the original part of ours which was done before I arrived. All I changed was the theme and updated the colours

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    ...where did you get the icons from on the front page of your Moodle? Ours is looking tired and I've been asked to source some good 'subject based' icons/ images to use...
    Off topic again I am afraid but you could try this website:

Link: Education Icons - Download 45 Free Education Icon

This link already has 'education' in the search box.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    Off topic slightly (and I apologise) but @glennda where did you get the icons from on the front page of your Moodle? Ours is looking tired and I've been asked to source some good 'subject based' icons/ images to use.

Interestingly our moodle is in its relative infancy but already both ICT and Science (and others) seem to be using it quite successfully - unfortunately I can help with a visit but I can say its a great tool that (for free) is worth the time you will spend getting it up and running
    @sister_annex What about this lot Cheeky request - any subject logos? @SYSMAN_MK made them awhile ago. Not sure if they are any use

The set has 59 icons covering the subjects listed above. They are transparent PNGs, 512px X 512px in size and in 11 different colours.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    @sister_annex not a clue. That is the original part of ours which was done before I arrived. All I changed was the theme and updated the colours
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Off topic again I am afraid but you could try this website:

Link: Education Icons - Download 45 Free Education Icon

This link already has 'education' in the search box.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehill06 View Post
    @sister_annex What about this lot Cheeky request - any subject logos? @SYSMAN_MK made them awhile ago. Not sure if they are any use

Thanks all, and again sorry @svp06 to hijack your thread, I'll let the topic get back to normal

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread