+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter Email services in Technical; Hey folks, We've just gone on board with Fronter, and are due to go live in the new session. There ...
    Thank Post

Fronter Email services

Hey folks,

We've just gone on board with Fronter, and are due to go live in the new session. There has been some talk about full adoption of Fronter for communications services (email, calandering, contacts, etc) in place of our current messaging system (RM Easymail). I'm not so keen on the idea, as I have no evidence that Fronter email would offer anything better than we already have (other than a common interface), and I'd be far more supportive of using a better, purposed built messaging system.

I was wondering if anyone has adopted Fronter as their messaging system, and what your opinions of the system are, from an operational (technical and educational) and financial perspective. Are you gaining or losing anything with Fronter, as opposed to purpose built messaging systems like Exchange, Kerio, MDaemon (and RM Easymail, to a lesser degree)?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly received.

Jay

hit
    Thank Post
    You shouldn't have to drop your current email system, you can use Fronter as an email client (I guess that's the best way of putting it). Last time I looked at the settings it supported POP3/SMTP and IMAP4.

Thank Post
    Yeah, I've played about with POP / IMAP features. Can see how it benefits the user experience, except for a common interface.

RM Eaymail is not a great product. We have many complaints about it here, manily due to performance. In contrast though, the cost-benefit is quite reasonable.

I would very much like to look at moving to exchange in the near future, but I am curious as to those who Fronter as their communication platform, how they find it, what they like and don't like about it, and how it compares with the cost.

Thanks again hit!

Jay

Thank Post
    I wouldn't use anything that's not OWA 2010 or google app's Gmail, compared to those everything else is slow and terrible

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread