+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog Update is it me or does it always break things in Technical; Also As Mark Said in his post the Job Vacancies have been posted on the site. Thanks Mark...
    Thank Post
    Also As Mark Said in his post the Job Vacancies have been posted on the site.

Thanks Mark

Thank Post
    Staff timetables all good here now, thanks Frog

Thank Post
    Anyone else seen any improvements today

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by round2it View Post
    Anyone else seen any improvements today
    Now on 9.1.19 but the SCORM packages are still not working.

Thank Post
    Thats not good

Have you raised a ticket yet regarding this (round2it pops off to check scorm packages)

Thank Post
    A scorm Package we have here is from egrammer and I can confirm it is working as it should before and after the recent updates

Thank Post
    Our SCORM stuff seems okay (Tested using Mathswatch), and timetables are working again now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by round2it View Post
    Have you raised a ticket yet regarding this (round2it pops off to check scorm packages)
    Yes - I did that pretty much straight away after doing a bit of trouble shooting and that was before I saw SCORM package issues mentioned here.

Thank Post
    any word from frog tech yet 36degrees also what packages are you using ,others might be able to confirm if it is working for them

in what way does the scorm package not work?

Thank Post
    Future functionality request: Frog supplied as a virtual appliance for either Hyper-V or VMWare environments please.

With a lot of secondaries having already invested in, or seriously considering, virtualisation it seems a bit backward to stubbornly insist on supplying the Frog system on a dedicated server. That might work for a primary school but the pre-sales argument that "it is a dedicated appliance, like a sky box, and needs to be on its own hardware" just doesn't wash anymore.

It's a server. A server running Linux and a lot of other open source stuff that *does* virtualise perfectly happily.

It's about time it was supplied on a DVD as a .vmx file or something that could just be loaded by site staff and sent on it's way. This would make recovery a lot easier too - snapshotting, real-time migration and fault-tolerance and if the worst comes to the worst, the site staff could just bung the DVD in again and start afresh.

Thank Post
    I will pass your comments on to Mark at Frog

To add to your comments Securus used to have dedicated servers (stupid money) but now do a vm version you can just bung on a server somwhere.

so yes I think you have a valid point-and to be honest the prices quoted for a server from frog were not very cheap

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrust View Post
    Future functionality request: Frog supplied as a virtual appliance for either Hyper-V or VMWare environments please.

With a lot of secondaries having already invested in, or seriously considering, virtualisation it seems a bit backward to stubbornly insist on supplying the Frog system on a dedicated server. That might work for a primary school but the pre-sales argument that "it is a dedicated appliance, like a sky box, and needs to be on its own hardware" just doesn't wash anymore.

It's a server. A server running Linux and a lot of other open source stuff that *does* virtualise perfectly happily.

It's about time it was supplied on a DVD as a .vmx file or something that could just be loaded by site staff and sent on it's way. This would make recovery a lot easier too - snapshotting, real-time migration and fault-tolerance and if the worst comes to the worst, the site staff could just bung the DVD in again and start afresh.
    Strange that you should bring this up I did see this pop up on the IdeaPad, you can use your votes and raise the popularity of it. Although its a nice idea as an option I am not sure. Your managed service does cover them looking after the physical server on hardware issues and I do like not having to worry about that box. On the primary school basis this is probably much more better then having another box dedicated to something thats not going to be heavily used, as an Academy though for us I would prefer a dedicated physical box.

Still if this did come down the line Frog would only have to worry about supporting the software side of things and the on site technical staff can worry about the physical server. As for snapshots not my preference to rely on that for backup/restoring especially when the current backup process could do with a few tweaks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456