+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog Update is it me or does it always break things in Technical; You say complain so Frog know, but surely thats what their Support is for not an Edugeek forum? Unless its ...
    Thank Post
    You say complain so Frog know, but surely thats what their Support is for not an Edugeek forum? Unless its the Red Door. We are actually lucky to have some one Frog actually here, otherwise they have zero obligation to check here. Be the same if Staff here were complaining about our system and doing on a forum instead

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Jay View Post
    Has anyone expereinced not being able to open any microsoft documents in frog since the last update ?
    Yeah its a known issue. You can set permissions so everyone has read only over the individual file which works, but if you have a lot of docs...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    You say complain so Frog know, but surely thats what their Support is for not an Edugeek forum? Unless its the Red Door. We are actually lucky to have some one Frog actually here, otherwise they have zero obligation to check here. Be the same if Staff here were complaining about our system and doing on a forum instead
    I always do ring their support when we find an issue. Doesnt mean i cant come to a public forum to voice an opinion, or to complain to others, does it?

Thank Post
    I'm not sure where the assumption that because we are airing our frustration here, we are not directly reporting our issues to Frog comes from?

Thank Post
    I hope this does not become a slanging match, and this thread works to our advantage by opening up communication between techs and supplier, can we now focus the thread on what features you might like adding changing so we can have a better system.

Personally I would like better room/resource booking facilities Internet filtering logging to be more advanced like a mini smoothie box how much would that save your school if an all singing dancing filtering system was available for free.

Diarys could be made more user friendly. Maybe a tech support system ticket reporting, these are the features I would like
    I understand that these features could probably be built by the user but it would be nice to see them as standard.
    But it is a work in progress

Let's get something out of this more positive than negative, this thread was about seeing if we were a single case of things going wrong on updates but after 5 pages of replies I now know it is wide spread.

Can we get a list of ideas together and push this in the right direction.

6. Thanks to round2it from:

Green_Goblin (8th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by round2it View Post
    I hope this does not become a slanging match, and this thread works to our advantage by opening up communication between techs and supplier, can we now focus the thread on what features you might like adding changing so we can have a better system.

Personally I would like better room/resource booking facilities Internet filtering logging to be more advanced like a mini smoothie box how much would that save your school if an all singing dancing filtering system was available for free.

Diarys could be made more user friendly. Maybe a tech support system ticket reporting, these are the features I would like
    I understand that these features could probably be built by the user but it would be nice to see them as standard.
    But it is a work in progress

Let's get something out of this more positive than negative, this thread was about seeing if we were a single case of things going wrong on updates but after 5 pages of replies I now know it is wide spread.

Can we get a list of ideas together and push this in the right direction.
    Firstly I apologise if that's how it seems. It wasn't my intention to go down that road.

To add to the list: -

The E-Mail system could do with an overhaul. Its pretty dated now and has a few bugs with it, ie; when sending links, they get pushed underneath signatures. When forwarding emails on, sometimes the content disappears.

A resource booking system, ie to book rooms, laptops etc out. I thought one was coming, but that was around 12 months ago, and ive heard nothing since...

Single Sign On would be good also, i believe development has begun on this, but an update on progress would always be appreciated!

Forums need bringing up to date. There isnt much functionality at all in them at the moment.

This is just a few things, most, if not all of them have been on the ideapad on the frog community site already.

Perhaps Frog could sponsor a support forum here on edugeek, in the same way smoothwall etc do. I could see it being quite beneficial.

8. 2 Thanks to adam_green:

Green_Goblin (8th February 2012), round2it (8th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Thankyou for your ideas, I totally agree with the points of your post.

Anyone else

I will compile these and contact Mark at Frog so he can push the ideas/comments to the correct department.

Thank Post
    Thank you all - I really appreciate your frank and honest comments.

Once I receive your feedback I will talk through them internally and feedback to you....

Regards

Mark

11. 3 Thanks to Markkeogh:

adam_green (8th February 2012), Green_Goblin (8th February 2012), round2it (8th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Mark

I will compile a list and get them to you once the thread dies down a bit.

Thank Post
    An overhaul of the backup system is long overdue IMHO The ability to restore individual files, rather than an all or nothing restoration approach would be nice. This applies to emails as well as regular files and pages. There have been several cases over the years where emails/files have needed to be recovered and I've been told the only way to restore them would be to restore the entire partition from backup; obviously not ideal...

Incremental backups and the ability to backup direct from Frog (to an NFS share for example) rather than having to use a Windows machine in a "man in the middle" approach. Or possibly, to be able to use common proprietary backup tools that we may already be licenced for to do the same.

The email attachment limit of 10MB is a common complaint of our users and a configurable attachment size would be preferable.

Email quota limits would be handy

That's all I can think of ATM

14. 3 Thanks to Green_Goblin:

adam_green (8th February 2012), round2it (8th February 2012), themightymrp (8th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Goblin View Post
    An overhaul of the backup system is long overdue IMHO The ability to restore individual files, rather than an all or nothing restoration approach would be nice. This applies to emails as well as regular files and pages. There have been several cases over the years where emails/files have needed to be recovered and I've been told the only way to restore them would be to restore the entire partition from backup; obviously not ideal...

Incremental backups and the ability to backup direct from Frog (to an NFS share for example) rather than having to use a Windows machine in a "man in the middle" approach. Or possibly, to be able to use common proprietary backup tools that we may already be licenced for to do the same.

The email attachment limit of 10MB is a common complaint of our users and a configurable attachment size would be preferable.

Email quota limits would be handy

That's all I can think of ATM
    +1 for the backup overhaul!

Thank Post
    Thanks Green_Goblin

Great Point that I have Over Looked.

Does Frog Actually Do any type of backup service as you can access our frog boxes

Must admit the backup feature is what I would Say Basic as we are loading all our teaching material onto our box and shudder at the thought of using the current backup system.

Thank Post
    Also as for email some of our couses require a Signature to be included in an Email the last time I looked this was not possible. (dont flame if it has ben fixed ) so we have used an online service bypassing The frog feature.

Thank Post
    The staff timetables are now working as they should after the update last night.

Can anyone else confirm that your issues have been fixed.

Thank Post
    the issues fixed in the latest patch are
    Frog Bricks

An issue has been resolved that prevented Staff Timetable information displaying within the Timetable Brick

Miscellaneous fixes

Mark Schemes can now be correctly edited through the Toolkit.

A fix has been applied to allow the Form Database to show all data correctly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast