+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog Update is it me or does it always break things in Technical; Anybody else believe that @ mthomas08 actually works for Frog??...
    Thank Post
    Anybody else believe that @mthomas08 actually works for Frog??

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mgothorp View Post
    Erm so why are there no vacancies on your website??
    Hi Mark - All Frog support roles are handled by a recruitment agency - I don't recruit for support staff through the Frog website.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markkeogh View Post
    Hi Mark - All Frog support roles are handled by a recruitment agency - I don't recruit for support staff through the Frog website.
    Bit confused by this, as it says on the vacancies page:

Don't bother wasting your time (and chance) by trying to apply for these roles through agencies, if you see one you like then come and speak to us direct, we're a friendly bunch of people - give us a call, drop us an email or even pop in to Frog HQ for a cuppa!

4. Thanks to adam_green from:

eejit (8th February 2012)

Thank Post
    everyone has a view on this and mthomas08 is entitled to his, we might not agree totally with what people say but this it is nice to read what other people think about things, sometimes you can get blinded by your own opinion and reading what others think can sometimes change your view on a situation.

I do not think he works for frog.

Anyway

Frog have contacted us and said they are applying a patch for the staff timetables so I will test it out and let you know

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mgothorp View Post
    SCORM Packages which did work before the update are now not working
    That's quite interesting as some of our SCORM packages have suddenly stopped working. I've just checked and we are on 9.1.16 although I've no idea when this version was applied as I always assumed that we were emailed before updates being applied.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_green View Post
    lol - this has the makings of a GREAT thread!

*gets popcorn*

Thank Post
    have i opened a can of worms

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by round2it View Post
    Thank you for your reply Mark
    Could I ask what incentive you might be able to give schools to become beta testers,as currently I feel like a beta tester when it comes to update time. I'm sorry to sound negative but it's the same old story something breaks every update.

Also the basic things in the system like the room controls they have not seen much improvement since our system was installed, you are missing the boat with this as you could maybe remove the need for other filtering software/hardware cost to smaller schools it would be a selling point.

I understand things can get messes up from time to time and the frog system is a very complicated thing but it is the number of times it happens that really gets us down.
    Re Incentives: we are looking at a number of options and would be interested to hear from you if you would like to be included. The Beta Test Program is being managed by Frog's UK Product Manager (Karl Bolland) so I would happily put you in contact with him to discuss this in more detail. PM me your details and I will pass them on.

Also, in relation to basic functionality - Karl is also looking at various areas of the product based on feedback from customers with a view to developing the core product. Again, PM me your details so I can pass this onto him so he has someone to go back to.

In relation to patches being released with new bugs - the additional improvements made to the bug fix and release process will reduce this and getting schools involved will also assist further. It's not possible to guarantee 100% bug-free software, but I do understand your frustration.

Regards

Mark

Thank Post
    Thankyou again for your reply, Sometimes companys run and hide but you are stepping up and seeing what the community think.

I will get a list of ideas that might be of use to schools in general.

If anyone else whats to add an idea to a list just post on here
    If we can get a better communication with the staff at frog it has to be a good thing

Thanks Again mark

Thank Post
    Hi Adam, I've just had a word with our Marketing team and they are putting the Support and Development roles on the site today.. Sorry for the confusion..

Thank Post
    Sadly I work in a School, after spending far too many years on other VLE options (I wont start a bashing) I cant help but prefer Frog. Plus in IT Support here I can't complain at others for not producing 100% Perfect systems when ours here and I know many other Schools are no where near the 80% mark let alone 100% working. Just didnt want to start a Lets Bash Frog arguement because Frog do have technical support

Plus having people here complain to each other over the years instead of actually telling us is not the best thing to do either and although we too are guilty for saying "Problem lies between keyboard and Chair" some times it is actually the case even when Staff Swear to god its not.
    Last edited by mthomas08; 8th February 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Thank Post
    Has anyone expereinced not being able to open any microsoft documents in frog since the last update ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    Sadly I work in a School, after spending far too many years on other VLE options (I wont start a bashing) I cant help but prefer Frog. Plus in IT Support here I can't complain at others for not producing 100% Perfect systems when ours here and I know many other Schools are no where near the 100% mark let alone 90% working. Just didnt want to start a Lets Bash Frog arguement because Frog do have technical support
    Anyone who expects any system to be 100% perfect is quite frankly naive. The issue is the fact that frequently when Frog release what should be a simple 'bug-fix' update, other stuff ends up broken in some way. I don't think its unreasonable to point out this fact, and i don't think complaining in such a way is "bashing" Frog, either. If we didn't complain in such a way, how would they know there was issues?

Thank Post
    If we didn't complain in such a way, how would they know there was issues?
    Ask that again

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    Ask that again
    Sorry, I'm not quite following?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast