+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog Update is it me or does it always break things in Technical; No issues here so far, going through testing now, checking Extractor as well. Extractor working fine - then again I ...
    Thank Post
    No issues here so far, going through testing now, checking Extractor as well.

Extractor working fine - then again I do my job and check every two weeks or so if I am running the most updated version
    The update actually fixed our Calendar as a result we can release our new website we have been designing for months.

Will update if I find website issues but so far none. The only issue I really have is the fact I am not on the mailing list for the update and perhaps it would be an idea if Frog let school administrators know that there is a new extractor.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    No issues here so far, going through testing now, checking Extractor as well.

Extractor working fine - then again I do my job and check every two weeks or so if I am running the most updated version
    The update actually fixed our Calendar as a result we can release our new website we have been designing for months.

Will update if I find website issues but so far none. The only issue I really have is the fact I am not on the mailing list for the update and perhaps it would be an idea if Frog let school administrators know that there is a new extractor.
    Perhaps if Frog did theirs properly, we wouldn't need to worry about having to check every two weeks. In a lot of cases, more frequently.

I'm just tired of how frequently i find myself having to ring them for something new that's cropped up, to be told the same script lines. When you're not paying explicitly for support, it can be forgiven.

Thank Post
    The staff timetable problem has been sent to second line support I will let you know if they fix the problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by round2it View Post
    The staff timetable problem has been sent to second line support I will let you know if they fix the problem.
    As a workaround you can use the timetable widget instead of the brick.

Thank Post
    Mark Keogh here - Head of Support at Frog. On behalf of Frog I apologise to those of you who have experienced issues with Frog - specifically following updates to your Frog software. This is not what we want and we are currently making changes.

We are recruiting 40 new staff including two teams of software Developers and investing heavily in testing infrastructure to provide additional Quality Assurance. We are also recruiting Frog schools to become test sites for updates, this will significantly improve the service we deliver to our customers.

It would be useful to discuss our changes and your issues directly, please call me on 01422 250 800 so we can arrange a date for you to come in. Itís the knowledge you and others schools can give us that will make sure we get this right.

Mark

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markkeogh View Post
    Mark Keogh here - Head of Support at Frog. On behalf of Frog I apologise to those of you who have experienced issues with Frog - specifically following updates to your Frog software. This is not what we want and we are currently making changes.

We are recruiting 40 new staff including two teams of software Developers and investing heavily in testing infrastructure to provide additional Quality Assurance. We are also recruiting Frog schools to become test sites for updates, this will significantly improve the service we deliver to our customers.

It would be useful to discuss our changes and your issues directly, please call me on 01422 250 800 so we can arrange a date for you to come in. Itís the knowledge you and others schools can give us that will make sure we get this right.

Mark
    Thank you for your reply Mark
    Could I ask what incentive you might be able to give schools to become beta testers,as currently I feel like a beta tester when it comes to update time. I'm sorry to sound negative but it's the same old story something breaks every update.

Also the basic things in the system like the room controls they have not seen much improvement since our system was installed, you are missing the boat with this as you could maybe remove the need for other filtering software/hardware cost to smaller schools it would be a selling point.

I understand things can get messes up from time to time and the frog system is a very complicated thing but it is the number of times it happens that really gets us down.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by round2it View Post
    Thank you for your reply Mark
    Could I ask what incentive you might be able to give schools to become beta testers,as currently I feel like a beta tester when it comes to update time. I'm sorry to sound negative but it's the same old story something breaks every update.

Also the basic things in the system like the room controls they have not seen much improvement since our system was installed, you are missing the boat with this as you could maybe remove the need for other filtering software/hardware cost to smaller schools it would be a selling point.

I understand things can get messes up from time to time and the frog system is a very complicated thing but it is the number of times it happens that really gets us down.
    +1 to this.

Thanks very much for your reply Mark, its good to know that the criticism will be taken on board

I apologise for my tone in my earlier posts, i think it may have come across a bit more harsh than i intended it to.

Thank Post
    Good to know Frog check these forums

I believe I did say in a previous message some where that Frog are Currently growing their staff. Of course some people want "Perfection" but sad to say in IT things like this will always happen. To me its only ever a matter of time. in my job upgrading Exchange 2003 to 2010 was a nightmare let alone upgrading our Forest/Domain from 2000 native to 2008 R2.

It happens and as long as Frog are on the case which looks like they are, we will all win in the end.

Thank Post

I believe I did say in a previous message some where that Frog are Currently growing their staff. Of course some people want "Perfection" but sad to say in IT things like this will always happen. To me its only ever a matter of time. in my job upgrading Exchange 2003 to 2010 was a nightmare let alone upgrading our Forest/Domain from 2000 native to 2008 R2.

It happens and as long as Frog are on the case which looks like they are, we will all win in the end.
    I don't think its a want of "perfection" to expect updates to fix issues rather than break something each time, is it?

I understand systems have bugs, but as i understand it updates and patches are created to fix said bugs, not create more.

Thank Post
    It is good to know that Frog are looking at the forum

Im sure things will get better with the new staff etc

Thank Post

Have to say I really admire your positivity and enthusiasm for Frog However, I donít think anyone is expecting perfection by not wanting updates to break key features every time they are applied, are they? I donít believe this thread would exist if the updates only broke something occasionally? (Apologies to round2it if my assumption is incorrect!)

The latest update was a bug fix so I think of that like MS Windows updates. We run a WSUS server and have never had a borked update in 3+ years (really shouldn't temp fate like that haha )

I donít know much about Exchange but upgrading a 2000 Forest/Domain to 2008 R2 is a major change and, as you know, no mean feat. If Frog required an upgrade of equivalent scale I believe the majority of users would be sympathetic to that.

All in all I think Frog is a great system. Thatís not to say there arenít areas that canít be improved. Canít the same be said for all companies?

Jon

12. Thanks to Green_Goblin from:

round2it (7th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Your assumptions are correct.

Major update yes it might have a few qwerks we can live with that because frog will fix them but bug fixes to include new bugs we have to draw the line a somepoint

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Goblin View Post
    Have to say I really admire your positivity and enthusiasm for Frog However, I don’t think anyone is expecting perfection by not wanting updates to break key features every time they are applied, are they? I don’t believe this thread would exist if the updates only broke something occasionally? (Apologies to round2it if my assumption is incorrect!)

The latest update was a bug fix so I think of that like MS Windows updates. We run a WSUS server and have never had a borked update in 3+ years (really shouldn't temp fate like that haha )

I don’t know much about Exchange but upgrading a 2000 Forest/Domain to 2008 R2 is a major change and, as you know, no mean feat. If Frog required an upgrade of equivalent scale I believe the majority of users would be sympathetic to that.

All in all I think Frog is a great system. That’s not to say there aren’t areas that can’t be improved. Can’t the same be said for all companies?

Jon
    Although i totally agree, i just understand what its like in support (I thought we all did). As Frog have mentioned they are expanding their work force to keep up with demands. I can imagine how hard it is for Frog, to have people like me who want new functions today and bug fixes ASAP. If people are really that worried about the updates they could opt out for a week or two for Schools like us to take the updates or do the right thing and pick up the phone. If problems are occurring often then I would be on the phone to Frog and try to get out of them if they are even on the case.

As they seem to be, by employing more staff. Which again, is a good thing. Plus in todays world you can't simply employ staff unless income is strong and with the crises still hanging over our heads Frog will probably want a very strong income before proceeding.

Thank Post
    SCORM Packages which did work before the update are now not working - Technical Supports Answer is it must be the scorm packages.... YES GOOD ONE FROG TECHNICAL

Loosing Faith QUICKLY

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markkeogh View Post

It would be useful to discuss our changes and your issues directly, please call me on 01422 250 800 so we can arrange a date for you to come in. It’s the knowledge you and others schools can give us that will make sure we get this right.

Mark
    Erm so why are there no vacancies on your website??

17. 2 Thanks to mgothorp:

eejit (8th February 2012), themightymrp (8th February 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast