+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog - Help Desk Solution in Technical; Can anyone share any helpdesk solutions they have with their Frog vle? If not are their any resources you can ...

Thank Post

Frog - Help Desk Solution

Can anyone share any helpdesk solutions they have with their Frog vle? If not are their any resources you can point me towards where I can learn about creating help desks using Frog?

I'd love to create a trouble shooting tree that automatically 'grew' populating solutions. Is this achievable with a little php knowledge? I also want end users to be able to log their bugs.

FYI we're aiming to lauch the VLE in september. The College I work at has around 1200 students and almost 500 workstations.

Thank Post

Re: Frog - Help Desk Solution

The thing to remember is that anything is possible with Frog. I already have a help folder on the system to point out small things like is the plug switched on to more difficult things. It is possible to create a drop down list with pointers to these help files. Basically that then creates your populationg solutions, you can also enable it to search the solutions by keyword. Remember that building frog takes time and if you do it with the right planning it saves time later on. I already had a lot of these systems in place so adapting frog to take care of them was easy. You can also have it where people put their own solution on, after you have checked them out properly, of course. This lets staff think they are geeks and saves you time creating help files.

Thank Post

Re: Frog - Help Desk Solution

How do I create databases for forms to target?

Thank Post
    This may be a very old thread, but has anyone got any info on any solutions?

Currently looking at the Frog system, it seems easy enough to create a from for the initial data, but a little bit harder to develop the pages to view/update the data.
    I was hoping to set it up in a way that additional notes can be viewed and amended.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rayvon; 8th November 2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added thanks

Thank Post

This can't currently be done.

I'd totally forgotten about this thread I opened. I know much more about frog now.

Frog only allows you restricted access to single table databases. Without referencing an external database you can't currently do this. Frog announced at their last conference in Manchester that they plan to improve this.

Thank Post
    Although I've yet to look at this closely, based on a current widget we have installed (will try and update name to give them the credit) I think it may be possible to create a helpdesk by by-passing the frog database system. I don't want to spend too much time on this as rickyjamesb states they are planning to improve this and have noticed that they seem to be developing the fdp site.

The basic concept will be to create a helpdesk call (creates a folder and container page) for a problem, then states overall details (creates 1st page within the the call folder that will be shown on container page) then multiple comments for feedback (create more pages that will be added to the container page). When the job is done, the folder/pages can be marked as expired.

This would definitley be a work around solution and not ideal as providing functionality to search a knowledgebase and the volume of folders created may be an issue. Personally I think the benefits should outweigh disadvantages, but this will have to be tested.

I hope to look at this in the short term future and will post any progress.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread