+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Adding SLG Teacher Timetable Webpart in Sharepoint 2007 in Technical; Hi all, I am very new to sharepoint and have recently taken over our VLE after having some very minimal ...

Thank Post

Adding SLG Teacher Timetable Webpart in Sharepoint 2007

Hi all,

I am very new to sharepoint and have recently taken over our VLE after having some very minimal training. I'm attempting to give it a revamp, as its currently pretty awful.

I'm trying to setup a new Homepage for Staff. As part of that i wish to add the SLG Teacher Timetable Webpart. I have this added on the 'SIMS' part of the VLE working fine already but i'm unable to add it to my new page. I recieve the Error "Unable to add selected web part(s). Unable to locate school id in sharepoint site."

I'm assuming these SLG webparts require a little bit extra setting up than most of the other webparts i've used, but i have no clue where to start. I have checked over the Documentation i've been given but there is no mention of a School ID.

Anyway, i'm hoping that this is a fairly quick thing to add, if anyone can shed any light on this it would be great!

Kind Regards
    Jon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's been a while since I was supporting SLG, but the School ID is an attribute added to the site by the SLG installer. It links up with the school ID in the database if I remember correctly.

I believe that there is a web part available on the pre-provisioned SLG sites called something like School ID viewer. If you insert that it'll display the school ID, you can then copy that (don't change it!) into notepad, stick the web part on your new page, import the school ID (and do an iisreset before refreshing the page) and pray that it works.

The service desk may be able to give you more detail on this.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread