Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Google Apps and Active Directory integration - help before it drives me mad! in Technical; Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i'm back after a long hiatus to fighting this blooming thing again.
26th April 2012, 03:23 PM #16
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i'm back after a long hiatus to fighting this blooming thing again.
After fiddling with an LDAP browser i have come to the conclusion that i'm somehow using the incorrect credentials to connect to AD, or using the wrong format somehow, or there is a third possibility blocking access. Currious thing is that if i ask the LDAP browser to use the credentials of the current logged in user (a Domain Admin account) it works and shows all my OUs. If i enter the same account details manually (in format CN=name,OU=Admin staff,DC=domain etc) i get problems - it'll throw errors and wont display the OUs i expect, just the Domain and Forest DNS zones and the cn=configuration thingy.
Any words of wisdom?
IDG Tech News
26th April 2012, 04:22 PM #17
When you enter the authentication credentials, the Authorized User field should be in the format DOMAIN\name, not CN=name,OU=etc,dc=DOMAIN. Only the Base DN field needs DN formatting.
At least, that's how mine is set, and it works for me.
26th April 2012, 04:34 PM #18
Hmmm... I try the domain\user format on the LDAP browser and its no different. Really odd - as far as i'm aware i should be able to connect and see all my OUs with any authorised user account, but any details i submit only show me the basics as mentioned. There must be a glitch in my reasoning or in AD itself somewhere; as mentioned above the 'user logged in user details' works fine in the LDAP browser, but no submitted user details in any format works.
**EDIT - mind = blown. Just tried the domain\user format again and it works in the ldap browser. Wierd, considering i'm sure i've tried this combination before! Onwards with persuading the Google app to find my OUs...
Last edited by cheredenine; 26th April 2012 at 05:07 PM.
27th April 2012, 11:21 AM #19
Spoke to soon - not sure what happened yesterday as its back to not working today in the LDAP browser.
I had been reading an article about how MS browser tools can do a 'bind redirection' that third party software might not, which would explain why I'm having trouble...
Last edited by cheredenine; 27th April 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Reason: wrong word used
4th May 2012, 02:49 PM #20
Yes but it also allowed linux and unix systems to access LDAP in a simpler way as well.
By Bumbles in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
Last Post: 24th November 2011, 11:19 AM
By erfanos in forum Windows
Last Post: 18th May 2011, 08:26 AM
By Tricky_Dicky in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 8th January 2010, 01:47 PM
By MarkB in forum Windows
Last Post: 16th April 2007, 11:53 AM
By HodgeHi in forum Wireless Networks
Last Post: 7th February 2007, 01:12 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)