+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Google Apps and Active Directory integration - help before it drives me mad! in Technical; Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i'm back after a long hiatus to fighting this blooming thing again. After ...

Thank Post
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i'm back after a long hiatus to fighting this blooming thing again.

After fiddling with an LDAP browser i have come to the conclusion that i'm somehow using the incorrect credentials to connect to AD, or using the wrong format somehow, or there is a third possibility blocking access. Currious thing is that if i ask the LDAP browser to use the credentials of the current logged in user (a Domain Admin account) it works and shows all my OUs. If i enter the same account details manually (in format CN=name,OU=Admin staff,DC=domain etc) i get problems - it'll throw errors and wont display the OUs i expect, just the Domain and Forest DNS zones and the cn=configuration thingy.

Any words of wisdom?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 761 Posts
    When you enter the authentication credentials, the Authorized User field should be in the format DOMAIN\name, not CN=name,OU=etc,dc=DOMAIN. Only the Base DN field needs DN formatting.

At least, that's how mine is set, and it works for me.

Thank Post
    Hmmm... I try the domain\user format on the LDAP browser and its no different. Really odd - as far as i'm aware i should be able to connect and see all my OUs with any authorised user account, but any details i submit only show me the basics as mentioned. There must be a glitch in my reasoning or in AD itself somewhere; as mentioned above the 'user logged in user details' works fine in the LDAP browser, but no submitted user details in any format works.

**EDIT - mind = blown. Just tried the domain\user format again and it works in the ldap browser. Wierd, considering i'm sure i've tried this combination before! Onwards with persuading the Google app to find my OUs...
    Last edited by cheredenine; 26th April 2012 at 05:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Spoke to soon - not sure what happened yesterday as its back to not working today in the LDAP browser.

I had been reading an article about how MS browser tools can do a 'bind redirection' that third party software might not, which would explain why I'm having trouble...
    Last edited by cheredenine; 27th April 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: wrong word used

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes but it also allowed linux and unix systems to access LDAP in a simpler way as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12