+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Will RM be upgrading to SharePoint 2010? in Technical; Does anybody know if RM will be upgrading their Learning Platform to SP 2010??...
  1. #1
    EduMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    14
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Will RM be upgrading to SharePoint 2010?

    Does anybody know if RM will be upgrading their Learning Platform to SP 2010??

  2. #2
    jamesfed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,185
    Thank Post
    133
    Thanked 339 Times in 286 Posts
    Rep Power
    83
    At the speed RM updates things? It could take a while.

  3. #3

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,915
    Thank Post
    129
    Thanked 283 Times in 207 Posts
    Rep Power
    192
    "in the year 2525"

  4. #4
    funkyfin2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stafford, Staffordshire
    Posts
    142
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    I will provide a serious answer. I don't think so in the immediate future. I don't believe there are many front end benefits any how.

  5. Thanks to funkyfin2000 from:

    EduMaster (24th October 2011)

  6. #5
    EduMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    14
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Would you know anybody who does provide a SharePoint 2010 platform? Its just I am quite keen on some of the software that is included with it.

  7. #6
    jamesfed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,185
    Thank Post
    133
    Thanked 339 Times in 286 Posts
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by EduMaster View Post
    Would you know anybody who does provide a SharePoint 2010 platform? Its just I am quite keen on some of the software that is included with it.
    Office 365 could be your thing.

  8. Thanks to jamesfed from:

    EduMaster (24th October 2011)

  9. #7
    EduMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    14
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfed View Post
    Office 365 could be your thing.
    Should this not be used as a tool latched onto the platform rather than as the platform itself though?

  10. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    939
    Thank Post
    39
    Thanked 70 Times in 54 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    I'd heard it was due for release at Christmas, which probably means during the Christmas holidays and ready for the new year? Although I was told this a while ago, but would probably tie into a release pre-bett?

  11. Thanks to danIT from:

    EduMaster (25th October 2011)

  12. #9
    EduMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    14
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by danIT View Post
    I'd heard it was due for release at Christmas, which probably means during the Christmas holidays and ready for the new year? Although I was told this a while ago, but would probably tie into a release pre-bett?
    Really this Christmas? I had always thought that there would be an upgrade but just had seen no sign of 2010. The only thing I was told was that there may be a few cosmetic changes but the nuts and bolts were somewhat fixed.

  13. #10
    funkyfin2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stafford, Staffordshire
    Posts
    142
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    It's not Christmas!
    The upgrade at Christmas is called 11.03. Lots of improvements to Parent views etc.

    More information here: Coming Soon to the RM Learning Platform!

  14. #11

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    9,921
    Thank Post
    1,332
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by EduMaster View Post
    Would you know anybody who does provide a SharePoint 2010 platform? Its just I am quite keen on some of the software that is included with it.
    LearningPossibilities are releasing their latest version shortly (LP4) which will be based on Sharepoint 2010. I'm going to be chatting with their Director of Learning later in the week so will dig out info for you and PM if you want (rather than risk anyone think this thread could turn into a unauthorised sales pitch for the various SharePoint based VLE providers out there).

  15. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

    EduMaster (25th October 2011)

  16. #12
    EduMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    14
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    LearningPossibilities are releasing their latest version shortly (LP4) which will be based on Sharepoint 2010. I'm going to be chatting with their Director of Learning later in the week so will dig out info for you and PM if you want (rather than risk anyone think this thread could turn into a unauthorised sales pitch for the various SharePoint based VLE providers out there).
    Thanks for this it looks good. When you get a chance I would be keen to catch up regarding your thoughts/meeting (I agree PM would probably be best) I also checked out their blog through Microsoft education as I was keen to hear what they had to say about the SP2010 claims, seemed to check out.

    Microsoft UK Education - Schools blog - Schools blog

  17. #13

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    9,921
    Thank Post
    1,332
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by EduMaster View Post
    Thanks for this it looks good. When you get a chance I would be keen to catch up regarding your thoughts/meeting (I agree PM would probably be best) I also checked out their blog through Microsoft education as I was keen to hear what they had to say about the SP2010 claims, seemed to check out.

    Microsoft UK Education - Schools blog - Schools blog
    Yep, had a good play around with it today and I like it. If you PM me you details I can give you a call and put you in touch with folk.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Upgraded to Exchange 2010, we now have a problem!
    By pritchardavid in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th March 2011, 03:06 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th September 2010, 03:12 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22nd January 2010, 10:17 AM
  4. w2k8 r2 upgrade, will it be simple?
    By ranj in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 4th August 2009, 07:38 PM
  5. Will you be upgrading to server 2008 this summer?
    By FN-GM in forum Windows Server 2008
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 18th July 2008, 08:12 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •