Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle 2 Ldap error writing to database...! in Technical; I've recently setup a development server for Moodle 2 I have configured the settings for LDAP to work (same as ...
13th October 2011, 04:06 PM #1
Moodle 2 Ldap error writing to database...!
I've recently setup a development server for Moodle 2 I have configured the settings for LDAP to work (same as my Moodle 1.9 version) "I" try logging in and get an error stating error writing to database however if I log in as a test pupil this doesn't occur? I've created several Moodle 2 servers (all exhibiting this behaviour) so I thought it must be my fault and downloaded an ISO of TurnKey Moodle Appliance and tried this same error? I'll post up the debug error message in a minute.
IDG Tech News
13th October 2011, 04:08 PM #2
* line 394 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
* line 843 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
* line 885 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
* line 3468 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
* line 3749 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to create_user_record()
* line 133 of /login/index.php: call to authenticate_user_login()
interestingly if I try and login as myself or a staff member and deliberately enter the wrong password it just states invalid login as it should?
13th October 2011, 05:33 PM #3
Think I may have tracked the offending thing down now I had set the ID Number to a special AD field setup by our MIS system if I remove this the issue goes away? I think postgre maybe needed here as it seems to be an issue caused by MySQL and the UTF8_collation?
18th October 2011, 05:25 PM #4
Sadly even Postgresql didn't fix it but if I put the entity field in description not ID Number then it works obviously a problem with the ID number field between versions 1.9 and 2.1.2.
By russdev in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
Last Post: 8th June 2010, 12:46 PM
By deano in forum Web Development
Last Post: 28th September 2007, 04:09 PM
By Domino in forum Wireless Networks
Last Post: 5th July 2007, 02:36 PM
By Mike_R in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
Last Post: 6th December 2006, 03:33 PM
By suesmate in forum Educational Software
Last Post: 3rd May 2006, 07:07 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)