+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle 2.0.4 "Turn Editing On Issue" in Technical; Hi, We seem to have developed an interesting issue with our Moodle 2.0.4 installation, after having our hosting package updated ...

Thank Post

Moodle 2.0.4 "Turn Editing On Issue"

Hi,

We seem to have developed an interesting issue with our Moodle 2.0.4 installation, after having our hosting package updated with the same hosting company. Prior to the move the site worked fine, but we had some issues with performance, and overloading.
    The site is running fully, and you can easily navigate between pages as a guest user.

We initially were unable to login to the site, although there were no error messages at this point. However at the login screen, it mentioned that our "session had ended, please login again".
    With much communication between the host and ourselves, we are now able to login. The host did run the cron.php maintenance script, and run a myISAM to innoDB update script, as it requested these changes in the notifications, when logged in as admin.

We are now in the current situation:
    We can now login as admin on the homepage/frontpage. However, when we try and turn editing on, it just logs us out of the site.
    When we try and login to another course/page on the site, we are back at the 'cannot login again stage', as it just refreshes back to being logged out, but without any obvious error messages.

I can only assume that there is some sort of permissions problem with sessions, or some sort of password 'salt' issue, as this is still the same set of characters in our config.php when the site was updated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    _techie_

Thank Post
    Well after much frustration, I tried setting up a new moodle on my local machine using Xammp.
    I had the database dump, theme, and moodledata directory.
    Managed to copy the moodle data directory in and add the theme. All good so far.
    As soon as I import my database dump into MySQL, I seem to get all sorts of problems:
    1) during the import, it chucks me out of phpMyAdmin, without any reason!
    2) Once I finally get my tables imported, the database type/engine for moodle is InnoDB, but all my tables that I imported are MyISAM. I guess this could be the problem!

How do I change this over? Will it solve anything?

Thanks,
    _techie_

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread