+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter / SIMS / Norfolk issue with SIF! in Technical; Right. We're using Fronter and have recently moved across to the county promoted hosted SIMS service. Previously we were on ...

Thank Post

Fronter / SIMS / Norfolk issue with SIF!

Right. We're using Fronter and have recently moved across to the county promoted hosted SIMS service. Previously we were on Serco Facility and had integration set up correctly between Facility and Fronter. After a fair amount of encouragement, county have managed to obtain and implement the correct settings to connect Fronter and our instance of SIMS via the magic of SIF. All well and good so far.

Teaching rooms, pupil accounts and staff accounts have been set up, with pupils linked to the teaching rooms. Staff have not been linked, however. looking at the admin pages in Fronter, in the userdata conflicts section, it appears that all staff members are in conflict with two options available, merge accounts or create new ones. Staff are supposed to be able to log in to Fronter, SIMS and the county promoted Email system with a single set of credentials (their Norfolk ID); currently they can log in to Fronter with these details but, on the accounts i've tested the 'new' and 'merge' options on, neither option results in the user still being able to log in with the expected credentials.

Bit of a stretch this, but does anyone have any insight into whats up? I have a support call in to Fronter about it, but i don't get an impression of any sense of urgency... Trouble is we're one of 4 schools that were early adoptors of this new SIMS service and it feels like we've been breaking new ground at every step. I doubt there are many other Norfolk schools in the same situation..

Thank Post
    I am attended the SIF conference next week and i can speak to the guys from Norfolk about this if it would help?

Thank Post
    I don't know if this will work but if Fronter is referring to a different database for the password changing the username to the same as on sims and then using "ldap1:" as the password seems to work for me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheredenine View Post
    looking at the admin pages in Fronter, in the userdata conflicts section, it appears that all staff members are in conflict with two options available, merge accounts or create new ones.
    Conflict suggests the staff accounts already exist, were they previously provisioned in Fronter?

Thank Post
    Apologies for abandoning this thread - completely slipped my mind! Cheers for responses so far..

The user account conflict was the result of a box not being ticked when it should have been, apparently. This is now sorted, but we still have the issue of teachers not being correctly linked to the teaching rooms. This is made worse by the fact that no-one at county seems able to address the issue if it involves a conversation of more than 3 or 4 emails - the chap that solved the conflict issue appears to have vanished off the face of the planet...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread