+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle 2 forum discussion IE glitch in Technical; Hi. I am in the final stages of building my schools new moodle (version 2.1, iis7, server 2008, php 5.3.2). ...
    Thank Post

Moodle 2 forum discussion IE glitch

Hi. I am in the final stages of building my schools new moodle (version 2.1, iis7, server 2008, php 5.3.2). I am using the creatif theme, its my favourite moodle 2 theme that has been released by a long way. I have had a few problems sorting out glitches that appear in IE when using this theme though. I have just got one glitch left to go but I am having real trouble with it so I was hoping that someone on here would be able to help me.

Here are some screen shots

What is happening is if you go go in to a forum to discuss a topic, the discussion is being pushed below the last block on the right hand side of the page. The social format looks fine when you are looking at the main view after i put a position absolute in its css but I can not resolve the issue after you go into discuss the topic.
    For those of you familiar with the creatif theme I believe the area that is causing the problem is around line 66 of the courseviews.css, I have tried various positioning methods here, relative, float, absolute and changing the z index. All that I have been able to do is move it to the top of the page but then all replies to a topic overlap each other.

I hope my explanation is clear!

I have attached a txt version of the courseviews css. If you think that the problem could be in another css page please let me know.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Hi there - there are a few posts relating to alignment problems with IE and the Creatif theme on Moodle.org: open-source community-based tools for learning. Have you looked to check if any of them fit your problem?

Thank Post
    I have had a look on the moodle forum, they are relating to issues that I have had in the past but I have managed to resolve. The last glitch I need to fix doesnt seem to be mentioned there though. I am also posting to the developer of the theme here and it is an issue that has been seen in the past, I have not had a response from him in a while though, I have a few posts on there that are still awaiting moderation and as my time is running out before the school year starts I am branching out for help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread