Do you have a URL we can look at?
Looking for some help with this....
I Have run a Moodle migration using 1.9.13 to bring externally hosted site inside school.
Imported source SQL into Moodle database.
The next login insisted that database 1.9.7 was updated to 1.9.13 which I did and then ran admin/replace.php to convert URLs. Image URLs seem fine in the database and are using the http://domain/file.php/1/graphic.jpg address with slasharguments on. However, no graphics are displayed either embeded in a course, by clicking the image icon in the course file store or browsing to image URL in new browser tab. All just produce the red-cross image missing symbol.
Oddly uploading a file such as Word works fine. Uploading a new graphic and trying to use that just causes the red-cross missing symbol.
I'm fairly sure that DNS is resolving ok as have altered $CFG->wwwroot = to use new domain name. Logging in against new domain name is all working ok.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Lucky we tried doing the migrate from external hosting at the start of the school holidays rather than at the end.
Many thanks to anyone with some thoughts to investigate.
Do you have a URL we can look at?
And what happens if you turn slash arguments off?with slasharguments on.
The Website is at moodle.hazelwick.org
The images on the front page are fine, but once you go into the courses you can see where the images are supposed to be but nothing is there except the red x's. The images are all present and correct in their respective folders and the urls point to those locations.
The only difference between the two websites as far as we are concerned is the name of the them.
Turning slash arguments off doesnt seem to make any difference at all
can you create a course that allows guest access with a troublesome image in it so i can see, all the courses require a log in at the mo so cant examine an affected page
I did this to fix the issue on moodle 2, not sure if it will work on moodle 1 but its worth a try:
Changed URL image links set to old site
So you built your Moodle Server with a http//192.168.0.1/Moodle address. Then you changed the URL for your site to http://OurMoodle.org/Moodle . You changed the Moodle config file so the CFGs point to the new paths. But your images point to the old url.
One simple, quick solution. Login as admin and put http://OurMoodle.org/Moodle/admin/replace.php in your browser address bar. Use the two form boxes to change http://192.168.0.1/ to http://OurMoodle.org/ .
I suspect it is a permissions issue on the moodledata folder if it is not showing the images from within that course.
If the main title isnt showing (or other images that are available on the homepage) then the issue is more then liekly to do with incorrect URLS etc.
Open the site and go a page that has an image missing, then right click the red cross and open just that image, this will show you the location is it trying to open. If when you visit the location on the moodle box it is correct, then the webserver mustn't be able to open the filer/ image that is located there so check these permissions. if the file isn't there or the location is wrong then you have a html issue somewhere.
Thanks for the replies guys.
I have checked the image urls, and they are pointing to the correct locations and all the images exist on the server. I have tried the replace function and unfortunately it hasnt made any difference.
I suspect its a PHP/Permissions issue, but I have no idea what at the moment!
Have you checked the permissions on an individual image, so that the right groups can read it. Also use chmod to change permissions and not the GUI,as sometimes this doesnt work.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)