+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, More advice needed producing a plan/report for moodle vle in Technical; I know I have mentioned this before on this forum but the academy I work at have asked me to ...

Thank Post

More advice needed producing a plan/report for moodle vle

I know I have mentioned this before on this forum but the academy I work at have asked me to produce a VLE.

I am just producing a document to cover all my bases and get them to think about each aspect of the VLE and how they want it set out (plan is to try and stop the goal posts been moved!)

What I was hoping is people could give me some advice for certain areas for the report that I am unsure about.

Point 1 is Platform, the options i am giving them:
    a) Moodle as the backend with drupal used as the front end.
    b) Moodle as the backend with Joomla as the front end.
    c) Moodle/maharah/drupal
    d) Silverlight/opensim/sharepoint

Has anyone used any of these and wouldn't mind be using there's as a screenshot in my document? or any comments that I should include in these sections to help them decide (The SLT aren't not that familular with ICT!)

Thanks for this everyone

Thank Post
    I don't think a screen shot will achieve much. All of those options can be themed and skinned in different ways and as such can all look really nice or really horrible.

You want to be concentrating on features, development/ implementation costs, what your trying to achieve, staff training etc.

also drupal/ joomla as a frontend. neither of these are used as a frontend as such - you still end up clicking through into moodle at some point. They can be used as a student portal though to link in other services and information

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Yeah you best bet is looking through the moodle modules site and also the Moodle Themes

you can then see whats out there and look for the features you could present to them.

Thank Post
    Glenda thats what i did last time, i have even done a themed moodle site with academy colours and a layout. My problem is they have seen this Iamlearning http://www.iamlearning.co.uk/images/room-main-image.jpg and think that is a VLE and that is how they want ours to look.

I need to get them to understand that IAL isn't a VLE and what I have created is a vle :-(

Its hard going atm, so was thinking this would be the best way to tackle this problem

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorrisuk View Post
    Glenda thats what i did last time, i have even done a themed moodle site with academy colours and a layout. My problem is they have seen this Iamlearning http://www.iamlearning.co.uk/images/room-main-image.jpg and think that is a VLE and that is how they want ours to look.

I need to get them to understand that IAL isn't a VLE and what I have created is a vle :-(

Its hard going atm, so was thinking this would be the best way to tackle this problem
    Get them to look at this link - http://www.iamlearning.co.uk/i-am-le...-platforms.php

Thank Post
    I printed that out other week :-s

Maybe re adding it to my latest report for them will make them get the point!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread