Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter Certificate Errors on Win 7 + IE in Technical; When my staff or students access Fronter from IE 8 on Windows 7, most images are replaced with red X's. ...
24th March 2011, 05:37 PM #1
Fronter Certificate Errors on Win 7 + IE
When my staff or students access Fronter from IE 8 on Windows 7, most images are replaced with red X's. The yellow bar says:-
Clicking the yellow bar and selecting "Display Blocked Content" has no effect.
To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options...
I think it a Group Policy IE setting somewhere, but I can't find which.
28th March 2011, 02:16 PM #2
- Rep Power
There is a FAQ about this on the support site:
IE Error Message: This page contains both secure and nonsecure items warning in IE
Basically the issue is that Fronter resides on a secure server; this warning is caused by displaying any objects on a page linked to from a non secure server (most commonly images).
There are 3 possible solution,
1. Download the item that is not hosted in Fronter and upload it to fronter. This is the best solution as it will guarentee the image will always be displayed.
2. Turn off the warning, to do this go to Tools, Internet Options, Security then the Custom Level button. Halfway down the list of options under miscellaneous is Display Mixed content, this needs to be changed from its default value of Prompt to Enable. This may vary depending on version of IE.
3. remove the externally hosted content.
Hope this helps.
28th March 2011, 10:38 PM #3
Would this be on the Logon Screen for our county Fronter by any chance? If so I've had this issue for a good period of time and logged it with the LA IT and it was escalated up but just seemed to be fobbed off with a disable the warning in IE!
Originally Posted by OverWorked
29th March 2011, 01:03 PM #4
Yes, it's the NYCC Fronter logon screen. Works fine in XP+IE8, but not in Win7+IE8, for the same user accounts with the same group policy settings.
Taking the solutions in order.
1) There is no externally hosted content. Looking through the web filter logs for a student accessing the Fronter logon page, the only URLs are:-
2) Enabling "Display Mixed Content" has no effect.
3) See 1.
Looking at the fronter.com certificate, I click the Issuer Statement and am presented with:-
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Last edited by OverWorked; 29th March 2011 at 01:06 PM.
By Chuckster in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
Last Post: 18th February 2010, 05:47 PM
By LosOjos in forum Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Last Post: 26th January 2010, 04:57 PM
By cookie_monster in forum Windows
Last Post: 22nd December 2009, 02:34 PM
By tosca925 in forum Windows
Last Post: 2nd July 2007, 04:27 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread