+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle asks for password twice in Technical; I've encountered a strange problem. On some of the Moodle resources even after the user has already logged in when ...

Thank Post

Moodle asks for password twice

I've encountered a strange problem. On some of the Moodle resources even after the user has already logged in when they click to download a resource or even access some SCORM material.

The login box appears a second time asking to login, but if you just click cancel on the login box, you can still access the material, so the login box isnt actually do anything and it doesn't always appear.

Has anyone else seen this problem or know of a solution?

If it helps our Moodle box is all SSL.

Thank Post
    Perhaps you are trying to access a resource/section that only has a http link rather than https. Different sessions - so you will only be authenticated in one. My best guess without more info.

Thank Post
    Funny you should mention it, a member of staff has just visited and given me more information.

Apparently the problem has only starting occuring since they were forced to change their network password (due to password policy), all the links were fine until this was changed. Is it possibly some kind of cache issue?

Thank Post
    That sounds odd.
    It could well be a cache problem somewhere - have you tried all the usual with the browser, emptying temp files, cookies in particular?
    Is this happening for multiple users or just the one?
    It is also a possibility I guess that Moodle isn't updating its stored hashed version of the users password.

What doesn't make sense to me though is you are clearly already authenticated, so why should it suddenly start popping up an authentication window. Are your running on a Linux or Windows server?

Thank Post
    I've gone through quite a few settings yesterday in an attempt to fix this issue, I'm hoping it may be due to a setting within LDAPCapture and password expiry rules. I'll report back whether this solves my issue or not (the original setting were incorrect in my opinion).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Achandler View Post
    I'm hoping it may be due to a setting within LDAPCapture and password expiry rules. I'll report back whether this solves my issue or not (the original setting were incorrect in my opinion).
    It sounds like it could be the problem, however it still wouldn't trully explain why a second authentication box would randomly appear.

Let me know what happens.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 1,795 Posts
    Probably not relevant, but we were experiencing this issue occasionally and couldnt find out why. Then we were looking at MIS authentication and found that there was a problem with the SSO. That was reinstalled and the original problem has disappeared - don't know why!

Thank Post
    witch said - Then we were looking at MIS authentication and found that there was a problem with the SSO.

What I need to know is how does one go about this?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread