+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Frog VLE Mini Site Designs in Technical; Hello all, I hope someone can help me with a problem that is driving me crazy! We have just purchased ...

Thank Post

Frog VLE Mini Site Designs

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with a problem that is driving me crazy!

We have just purchased frog and are in the process of getting the design and overall look of the VLE finalised. However, since I apparently have enough time, I thought "why dont I design some mock-ups for departmental sites (mini sites)". So I have come up with some ideas and now just realised that they may not be easy to create in Frog.

It may be possible to create and use widgets or may even be simple enough to create in Frog. But we have not got the Frog server installed so I can't play around with it to check. I have tried contacting frog but not recieved a clear answer.

I have attached two of the designs and would really really really appreciate it, if someone can let me know if they will be easy to recreate on Frog.

Thank you!

Science_Dept_Mockup_2.png
    ICT_Dept_Mockup_6.png

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 828 Posts
    Hi MrFrog and welcome to EduGeek

We've just had Frog set up at our school, and although I haven't played with it much yet (I really want to but haven't found the time!), I must say that there is a hell of a lot you can do with it!

You can set up your own custom web pages for display in Frog, and have them linked via the navigation pane.

Creating the pages is done via Frog (as opposed to HTML) but the wizard provided is very good, there are lots of things that you can add, including your own snippets of HTML, your own Flash animations, even Java applets.

In short: yes, it will be possible for you to create the 'mini-sites' that you want. The only obstacle that I can see is your own skill to be able to create them (BTW, that's not meant as an insult!!!)

Thank Post
    The containers such as the iPad/iPhone are the trickiest to create - you need to play around ideally with Photoshop and then use the Slice tool to divide up the image into chunks. The Frog Community site has a couple of tutorials on the basics plus Frog will also do courses on Photoshop and how to use it to create content for your Frog site.

Thank Post
    Good advice from John316, also be careful of image sizes, get them as small as possible without losing the definition, as this will make you pages much quicker to load.

Thank Post
    Hi MrFrog,

Everything you have mentioned is possible to create in Frog - and this will be covered in your training session once the design is finalised, the server is installed and published. If you experience any issues post install and training, the Support team can offer assistance.

The mock-ups look great by the way ..

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    I have spent quite a lot of time working on designing mini sites and various containers for frog, once you get your head around it, it is simple enough.

I think it is often harder for experienced HTML and CSS coders than it is for people who are completely new to it.

Thank Post
    You can try taking help from various design websites available on net, you can also take a advise of a genuine professional web designer.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread