+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Migrating Moodle From Lea in Technical; I'm thinking of possibly moving away from our LEA hosted moodle (with seperate usernames/passwords) and hosting it internally with AD ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts

Migrating Moodle From Lea

I'm thinking of possibly moving away from our LEA hosted moodle (with seperate usernames/passwords) and hosting it internally with AD intergration.

How easy is it to Migrate moodle from the Lea to us while keeping all the courses etc intact?

What does it involve a sql dump and then import and copy the data files or similar?

How easy is moodle to configure to how we want it? Plus how easy is it to support?

I am thinking we are going to have to start a fresh with all the user accounts with the AD intergration and go through each subject and setup the course administrators etc again and leave the students to re-enrol themselves on their courses etc.

Toby

Thank Post
    If you can get the data (the web side and the moodledata folder) and a sql dump you will be fine.

If the usernames are different then you could go through and rename them or yeah start afresh.

As for supporting it, it depends how much of it you do at the moment but I suspect with a bit of time you will be fine.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    If you can get the data (the web side and the moodledata folder) and a sql dump you will be fine.

If the usernames are different then you could go through and rename them or yeah start afresh.

As for supporting it, it depends how much of it you do at the moment but I suspect with a bit of time you will be fine.
    The usernames are half the same - are are slowly changing towards their username system (first four digits of surname initial then 3 random digits) We had been thinking about signing up for Atomwides AD sync so that we are Single Sign on for all services - then I had the thought this weekend that I could just host moodle (as we host everything else ourselves). I think I might have a play with moodle this week and see what its like.

What sort of hardware do you think it will require - We currently have 800 clients but I think a max number at once would be under 400 with an average load during lessons of about 200 as we tend to have whole year groups connected at once.

Toby

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread