+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Best platforms to host corporate training? in Technical; Hi everyone, I work for a company that has designed a training solution that we want deliver/sell to corporate cutomers ...

Thank Post

Best platforms to host corporate training?

Hi everyone,

I work for a company that has designed a training solution that we want deliver/sell to corporate cutomers all over the world via the internet.

The content has been created in Scorm compliant Powerpoint, using Adobe Presenter to add voiceover, quizzes and video content.

We have been using Adobe Connect to deliver this so far, but the reporting which comes out from the learners activites is far from adequate, and terrible for clients both visually and the level of info provided.

Can someone recommend a great LMS/VLS that can host our content, but has great reporting capabilites too?

Thanks,
    Remy.

Thank Post
    Moodle?

Thank Post
    Moodle again - very flexiable platform, free and if you have the know how you can make it look however you want it to.

Thank Post
    I guess what I'm really concerned about is the reporting capabilities.

Can it tell you how long people have been on a course, their quiz scores, which slides they have viewed, their last log in date, etc.

I have tried to use their demo login to try a few things out, but the functionality is really unclear.

Thank Post
    You can do all those things in Moodle, although be aware that seeing how long people have been on a course doesn't actually mean they did the work! (funnily enough I'm currently tech reviewing a book on using Moodle for corporate training but it won't be out until next year - would have suited your purposes perfectly ) There are two demo Moodle sites as Moodle is currently going from the very popular well established 1.9 to the updated and very new Moodle 2.0 so I don't know which one you were looking at.

Thank Post
    Thanks secretlife, that book sounds like it would be a god send.

As we serve clients all around the world, and would not hold our server centrally, are there popular partner's that Moodle recommend for hosting?

Also, might you have heard anything good about Sharepoint LMS or Joomla LMS, as they both seem quite capable programs from a initial impression?

Thank Post
    Sharepoint I don't know much about because it isn't free - Joomla is good but I have no experience of it - I believe there are some here who will have more to say about the Joomla LMS. Moodle wouldn't recommend one partner over another and I can't personally recommend a Moodle partner (as I know them all and can't have favourites!) but all the UK ones are fine - but you are not obliged to host with a Moodle partner; you could save money (thousands of pounds even) by choosing a reputable hosting company that would host Moodle for you and keep it backed up. There are options other than Moodle partners - but again, I can't make personal recommendations; it's your choice.

Thank Post
    Ok thanks.

Is Moodle intuitive enough for us to be able to design it to have a corporate feel, or will we have to bring in designers, etc to get this working, considering we have none of this kind of knowledge in house.

I guess what i'm asking, is whether Moodle works at all as an out of the box product as something like Sharepoint or Adobe does?

Thank Post
    There is plenty of documentation on making your own Moodle 2 theme to tie in with your company website - if you have people who know about CSS etc then they should be able to follow this documentation. Moodle 2.0 has plenty of attractive standard themes that you can customise within Moodle anyway. If I were you I would just download your own copy and have a play - but decide if you are going for the new 2.0 or the old 1.9

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread