+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, MOOPLE.NET - Anyone seen it - what do you think? in Technical; Use tinyurl.com/edukirklees - then favourite the resulting page once you've logged in....
    Thank Post
    Use tinyurl.com/edukirklees - then favourite the resulting page once you've logged in.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstephenw View Post
    I've tried the link today and it doesn't work for our members of staff. I've tried 2 sets of credentials but neither work. Just keep getting the error message 'Error: This account is not an administrator, please log in to an administrator account'

As suggested, I'm using the link:

https://www.google.com/a/edukirklees.net

Any ideas?
    That link isnt right, i assume that link is for kirklees to admin things from their side. I use http://mail.google.com/a/edukirklees.net and never have an issue, it requests auth straight off and gets into gmail within seconds.

That or just use doms link hehe =-)

Thank Post
    I guess both links are a step in the right direction. Still the links are not ideal because canceling the Moople login screen takes the user to a '401 Authorization Required' screen, I'd prefer it just to close the dialogue box.

Moople still sucks for me . . .

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstephenw View Post
    I guess both links are a step in the right direction. Still the links are not ideal because canceling the Moople login screen takes the user to a '401 Authorization Required' screen, I'd prefer it just to close the dialogue box.

Moople still sucks for me . . .
    Not quite sure what you mean here - you get the same 401 authorization required screen if you cancel the login box from Moople... Why are you pressing cancel?

Thank Post
    I'm looking at it from my users point of view.

I place the link as suggested on our school website and then the user goes to login. Should they click cancel then they're redirected to the '401 Authorization Required' screen instead of the diologue box just disappearing. This would then require them to press their browser's back button to get to the page they were on before.

Thank Post
    Ok, wouldn't have thought that would happen much though? If you tell them to expect a popup box to enter their username and password they'd have no reason to cancel it.

If you consider the alternative of telling them to go to Moople, then click my login, then (not close the popup box) enter their username, then go to the gmail tab, then re-add the gmail widget they accidentally deleted last time, then click open in new page... it's a lot smoother :-)

Thank Post
    It's a very minor issue, I agree. I will use this approach as 9/10 times it will work okay.

But at the same time it appears a simple issue to address and the small things can make a big difference.

Thank Post
    Hello all . I saw this post and felt the need to respond. When I first saw this edukirklees idea i couldnt believe the narrow minded people at kirklees pushing schools to go with this. First paying £100 or similar for the account when it is already free from Google and second how its not compulsary but many schools seems to have just gone ahead with adopting it. In the end i persuaded the school i work with to go to google direct and now after a couple of hours work they all have email address' related to the school name all going thru GMail independently of edu kirklees and all for free. I know this doesnt change much or helps the people who have adopted the email and what ever EduKirklees comes up with but i think from my experience if the right alternative is available you dont have to follow herd etc. I probably may not have all or any of my facts right but after 6 months of using Gmail the school has not had any major issues and is looked after very easily by their in house techies.

Now those of you noticed how crap some of the websites look that edukirklees use is as you probably know is down to the poor design possibilities found in google sites ... template driven etc - i have recently tried to make good a site designed using the google web site tool ... very difficult to achieve any decent looking site. Google have some really great tools but also not so great tools to which they need to work on a lot.

Rant over....
    <W>

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123