+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, MOOPLE.NET - Anyone seen it - what do you think? in Technical; Dont have .sch.uk addresses, if we did i wouldnt be bothered. council emails only, so thats @kirklees-schools.org.uk at the minute ...

Thank Post
    Dont have .sch.uk addresses, if we did i wouldnt be bothered. council emails only, so thats @kirklees-schools.org.uk at the minute then moving to @edukirklees.net once we're on moople
    the admin staff arn't happy as they are going have to redo all signs letterhead and anything else that had the old email address on, which they keep telling me is going to cost a fortune. like i have any real say in the matter, i only found out about this last month,
    google sites is part of moople as well, at least thats what they said at the meeting

Thank Post
    To me it looks like you could achieve exactly the same result as that portal with your own Moodle installation and then have control over the design and be assured that your data isn't being disclosed to third parties...

Thank Post
    So if Google sites is part of Moople and Moople probably uses Googles email and they are adding adverts why not just use Google. It costs about 10 to setup a new Domain or 15 to setup a .sch.uk Domain and your done.

Not trying to stop you but from my point of view it does seem a bit odd

so if we dont take it we dont get council email addresses
    Also why do you need CC email address? if you buy a sch.uk or any other domain and use live@edu or Google for education you control you own email.

Is it only me that looks at it like this, can someone else post a comment.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_ View Post
    You can pay an extra 100 to get student accounts set up.
    That has changed - Student accounts are now free as well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rf600 View Post
    Dont have .sch.uk addresses, if we did i wouldnt be bothered. council emails only, so thats @kirklees-schools.org.uk at the minute then moving to @edukirklees.net once we're on moople
    the admin staff arn't happy as they are going have to redo all signs letterhead and anything else that had the old email address on, which they keep telling me is going to cost a fortune. like i have any real say in the matter, i only found out about this last month,
    google sites is part of moople as well, at least thats what they said at the meeting
    They were telling me that they were looking into keeping the @kirklees-schools.org.uk addresses whilst still using the edukirklees.net domain - so tell the admin people not to jump too quickly.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 761 Posts
    For anyone interested, I've just spotted that these guys are exhibiting at BETT on stand T28 (Gallery level)...

Thank Post
    Well I thought time might be a healer on this one . . .

What get's me is that every staff member in every school in Kirklees has to login to their new email via a duff looking website, full of content nobody cares about, riddled with primitive bugs.

One thing I did manage to extract from the website was the amount of staff required to produce this great pile of garbage. Unfortunately I'm unable to visit the 'meet the team' section again due to a bug that prevents me from going back to the home page!

How primitive can you get?

Wait, I can do one better . . . these guys haven't even configured their DNS settings for moople.net so only Moople works!!! And every member of staff is expected to login through this site??

How primitive can you get? Let me know if I'm missing something guys . . .
    Last edited by mrstephenw; 23rd May 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstephenw View Post
    Well I thought time might be a healer on this one . . .

What get's me is that every staff member in every school in Kirklees has to login to their new email via a duff looking website, full of content nobody cares about, riddled with primitive bugs.
    No need to if you don't want to. Just go to www google com/a/edukirklees net (I can't post proper links - that's my first post here) to login your Google Apps account.

Quote Originally Posted by mrstephenw View Post
    One thing I did manage to extract from the website was the amount of staff required to produce this great pile of garbage. Unfortunately I'm unable to visit the 'meet the team' section again due to a bug that prevents me from going back to the home page!
    About Us section works fine, shows the team members ...

Thank Post
    Great.

Maybe you should publicise the link, at least until you get the Moople website sorted out?

https://www.google.com/a/edukirklees.net

Having to close the browser to log back into email again isn't acceptable for any users - geek or non-geek. People work within their browser nowadays and the last thing they want to do is close down their browser unnecessarily.

How about getting http://moople.net/ sorted so it works? Another thing that would save me valuable support time and instill confidence in your portal.

'dedicated in-school support for specific periods of time'. So you're treading on the toes of other ICT technicians, competing beside them. I guess you guys have a slight upper hand already given that you encourage everyone to login through the portal that advertises your services?

How about spreading some monopolised love and adding a link to my school support services?

Thank Post
    I tend to agree with the main portal, its clunky and not really very useful to be honest. I just bypass it like mehow said

Most of my admin staff across my sites havent used the web based stuff anyway, they like their outlook express haha =-)

Thank Post
    Nobody I know uses Moople - I've setup shortcuts to gmail as above, and tell teachers to use tinyurl.com/edukirklees at home. I've yet to see anything useful on moople anyway...?

It does annoy me that http://moople.net/ doesn't work either - especially as all the newsletters are plastered with the link that doesn't work!

Thank Post
    Lol if i told my staff to use tinyurl theyd look at me cross eyed =-)

yea i get phone calls from some staff now and again "OMG MOOPLE IS NOT WORKING"... what address are you using... "uh.. moople.net" yea put a www. infront of that... "Ooohh it works!! you're a genious!"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetooth View Post
    Lol if i told my staff to use tinyurl theyd look at me cross eyed =-)
    They only have to do it once, then add to favourites!

It's a lot easier than telling them to: go to www.moople.net, then login, then click gmail, then click open in new window, then add to favourites...

Thank Post
    I try and include all the links a staff member will need on the school website, that way they only have to remember the school's web address.

I've never known anybody forget this (yet)

Thank Post
    I've tried the link today and it doesn't work for our members of staff. I've tried 2 sets of credentials but neither work. Just keep getting the error message 'Error: This account is not an administrator, please log in to an administrator account'

As suggested, I'm using the link:

https://www.google.com/a/edukirklees.net

Any ideas?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast