+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Branding Sharepoint 2010 in Technical; Our LEA group of secondary schools will be moving to a Sharepoint based learning platform over the coming 18-24 months ...

Thank Post

Branding Sharepoint 2010

Our LEA group of secondary schools will be moving to a Sharepoint based learning platform over the coming 18-24 months and all 'branding', as MS refer to it, will have to be done in house, unless we want to retain the default design developed by our managed service provider. This is something completely new to me. I've had a look on the MS site, and at Sharepoint Designer, but until I get a virtual sharepoint site up and running I won't be able to have a play. Does anyone know of any useful sites out there which could get me started in on redesigning the look of our site?

Thank Post
    Beeswax,
    Have a look at this
    SharePoint 2010 Branding tutorial from Sing Chan | Yaroslav Pentsarskyy on SharePoint Development

Otherwise I can put your in touch with a full time sharepoint 2010 branding export - does some amazing designs.

Alex

3. 2 Thanks to apearce:

beeswax (22nd November 2010), oxide54 (23rd November 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 1,459 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
    Our LEA group of secondary schools will be moving to a Sharepoint based learning platform over the coming 18-24 months and all 'branding', as MS refer to it, will have to be done in house, unless we want to retain the default design developed by our managed service provider. This is something completely new to me. I've had a look on the MS site, and at Sharepoint Designer, but until I get a virtual sharepoint site up and running I won't be able to have a play. Does anyone know of any useful sites out there which could get me started in on redesigning the look of our site?
    It doesnt look bad actually i think the colours match your school.

I will give you a bell tomorrow so you can have a peak at ours.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sharepoing 2010 is very nice to re-model/create the design! I think it's much nicer to do then in 2007 (I had a habbit of breaking 2007) lol Just got to get my head around the web part creation in 2010 lol..

PEO
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
    pushed hard to move to sharepoint for our vle.. edulive and sharepoint will be all tied togeather with the schools system by jan 2011

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Sharepoing 2010 is very nice to re-model/create the design! I think it's much nicer to do then in 2007 (I had a habbit of breaking 2007) lol Just got to get my head around the web part creation in 2010 lol..
    yeh, i'm getting there slowly too. now if only i can get my custom control to work in my custom web part...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apearce View Post
    Beeswax,
    Have a look at this
    SharePoint 2010 Branding tutorial from Sing Chan | Yaroslav Pentsarskyy on SharePoint Development

Otherwise I can put your in touch with a full time sharepoint 2010 branding export - does some amazing designs.

Alex
    bookmarked!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread