+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Has anyone switched VLE's? How much can be moved across??? in Technical; Hi, We are currently investigating the possibility of switching from our current VLE provider (itslearning) over to Moodle. VLE's are ...

Thank Post

Has anyone switched VLE's? How much can be moved across???

Hi,

We are currently investigating the possibility of switching from our current VLE provider (itslearning) over to Moodle. VLE's are one area where I have very little knowledge and wondered if anyone with a little more experience could help me out with a couple of things:

• I have very little knowledge of the IMS and SCORM standard. Is it possible for us to transfer courses we have created on Itslearning over on to Moodle in bulk? I have tried an export but it only seems to take documents, not interactive content (quiz, tests etc.) so I am guessing that is a big-fat no.
    • If the above is a no what is the easiest way of transitioning courses across? It seems we would have to export course as IMS in Itslearning, extract the zip, rename folders to correct folder names, zip up and upload. I would then have to manually recreate any quizzes etc manually. Is that about right or is there an easier way.
    • Finally, if anyone has already done this and has any guidance to offer that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael

Thank Post
    Hi there. I just wondered whether you had got anywhere with this? Our school is considering the same move from itslearning to Moodle and it would save us some time to do bulk transfers...

Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread