Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter IFRAMES or OBJECT tags in Technical; Hi all,
It rears its ugly head with a new Fronter user again: how can you simply embed another web ...
4th October 2010, 05:04 PM #1
- Rep Power
4th October 2010, 06:49 PM #2
Perhaps this post will help you: Fronter: Include web content (Google calendar) in 'My Today'?
Particularly this part:
basically you add a user defined button to a room
room > Customise tool package > new tool > User-defined button > type in the google calendar embed code
6th October 2010, 04:29 PM #3
- Rep Power
Perhaps a scorm workaround
I am fairly sure nothing will allow you to put iframes into Fronter's own pages. I can get a web page to appear in one of Fronter's pages but it isn't much use. It was a few weeks back but what I think I did was to paste in the code as if I was embedding a youtube video and then change the object data and the embed src to the url of the page that I wanted to include. I was surprised but it appeared as intended. The problem is that I am using Firefox on a Mac and it doesn't appear in IE on a pc so the workaround is of little use.
28th January 2011, 11:12 AM #4
If you create a page using an html editor with iframes in then upload it to Fronter the iframes still work.
You can have some of the iframes point back to Fronter pages to give the impression that they are integrated.
Sorry CFP for repeat.
See the bottom item on this page -
How are you using Fronter?
28th January 2011, 01:16 PM #5
- Rep Power
I have found a way of doing it, but it involves the editor/Fronter admin needing access to 'Rooms' and having the ability to add items to the 'Rooms' section.
- Logon to Fronter with an administrator-level account.
- Click on 'Room' from the left-hand side toolbar.
- Look at the combobox towards the upper-right area of the new main content page that appears; choose 'Customise tool package' from the list.
- Click on 'New Tool' from the 'Tools' list (the selection will expand on the right).
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click on 'User-defined button'.
- Enter the Title, Description and the URL of the web page you wanted to display in the IFRAME.
- Once finished, ensure the new 'Tool' is set to be visible to the appropriate Fronter users or use groups. Your intended users must be able to see the new item on the left-hand side toolbar under 'Room' once they've logged in.
- Click on the 'Save' button to complete the configuration of the 'Room' item.
- Click on a given 'Room' item from the left-hand side toolbar to see the webpage you originally intended to embed in an IFRAME.
For my interests, Case closed!
Hope this helped and thanks for everyone else's help.
13th May 2011, 10:13 AM #6
Here is a forum that has a few ideas and the reasons as to why fronter block iframes
iFrame woes and workarounds
25th May 2011, 01:38 PM #7
- Rep Power
IFrames has been blocked for some time. I know not much help to the OP, The only way I found to solve this was to create a Tool, which is a WWW link, and place this at the top of the room tool list thus opening the website when you open the room. then if needed the user can select other room tools if needed.
Hope this helps.
By powdarrmonkey in forum EduGeek.net Site Problems
Last Post: 8th May 2009, 03:34 PM
By NeoPlosive in forum How do you do....it?
Last Post: 8th February 2009, 11:41 PM
By sippo in forum Hardware
Last Post: 5th June 2008, 09:59 AM
By Geoff in forum General Chat
Last Post: 8th January 2008, 01:00 PM
By beeswax in forum Web Development
Last Post: 18th January 2007, 10:12 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread