+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle 2.0 RC1 in Technical; Hi all We're currently in the process of doing some testing of Moodle 2.0 RC1 for use on our student ...

Thank Post

Moodle 2.0 RC1

Hi all

We're currently in the process of doing some testing of Moodle 2.0 RC1 for use on our student VLE (currently using 1.9) and was just wondering if any you have done any testing too and what roadmaps you have for deployment?

From a lecturer point of view I think that Moodle 2 would be great as it has API access to Google Docs & Youtube. We've not used it extensively enough to comment from an Admins point of view, and until we can easily import / export courses from 1.9 to 2.0 (a feature roadmapped for 2.1) then we're hesitant about developing on the 2.0 platform.

Any thoughts?

thanks
    Paul Kelly
    Dumfries & Galloway College

2. Thanks to pkkelly from:

dhicks (29th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Realistically I think Moodle 2.1 will be the release we'll move over to, we've got a lot of work gone into our current 1.9 site and need to be 100% sure everything just works in 2.x before we do any upgrades. The repository feature is the one feature that's significant for me as well

Thank Post
    Hi,

I'm trying out the latest version of Moodle 2, downloaded and a fresh install. After enabling the "You Tube" repo, trying to add a file to a new course through the file picker, the list of repositories only gives me "Server files", "Recent files", "Upload a file" and "Private files". I did try to do this in an older version of Moodle 2 and got the same so I thought, start afresh but no luck.

In my Advanced Features->Server->HTTP I have edited the proxy settings, I don't know if this has any effect as I have tried before and after changing this setting. The settings I've used here corresponds to our unfiltered proxy.

This is a test site so can be erased and started again.

Any clues how to fix?

I can see that this will be used by our staff so want to get it up and running and check what holes I need in the filter and who has access to what.

Thank Post
    You can do this in the html editor (the new tinymce editor) - choose a label for example - Click on the media icon and then you will get prompt "insert embedded media" and then "find or upload a sound/video or applet" and then when you click that you should get the option for youtube videos

Thank Post
    Thanks for that, it is an alternative, but I'm wondering why the repository function isn't doing its job. As far as I know there are plans to be able to connect to shares through the repository system in the future, embedding media will work but it does not solve the problem I have of future functionality.

P.S.

I get the same problem with my system at home.

Apache 2.2.15-3.7
    PHP 5.3.3-0.1.2
    MySQL 5.1.46-2.18
    All environment indicators are green within Moodle 2
    OpenSuSE 11.3
    Last edited by bantonia; 19th October 2010 at 11:38 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread