+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter missing page in Technical; Hi. This is puzzling me so perhaps someone can offer some help...please. I am new to Fronter like 3 weeks ...

Thank Post

Fronter missing page

Hi.

This is puzzling me so perhaps someone can offer some help...please.

I am new to Fronter like 3 weeks into my job, and have just imported a page from one room to another (which worked) but...Although it's in the new room it doesn't appear in the owners resources folder. I've checked it's not linking back to where it's been copied from (and it's not).

The really puzzling thing about this phantom page is that fronter has called it by a new name!! (I know this as when I enter edit it displays the page name). The original page was called "help" but the missing page (not in my owners resources) is called "1help.

Also, all the images on the page are not displayed either!! they appear as a little box with a red cross in it (and when you exit edit mode the finished page displays nothing!!

Any thoughts anyone??

Colin

Thank Post
    Did you copy the page with the "linked content for pages" box ticked? This should have copied all content into the selected destination room in the selected folder. Your second issue of place holders instead of pictures suggests that these have not been copied. Another question then arises, how were the pictures inserted into the original page? Are they in the original (hidden) page resource folder? If not they may have been copied and pasted from elsewhere (i.e. the internet), in which case the original pictures will not be there to be copied. Pictures need to be uploaded and saved with the page if they are to be available for future use.

The change of name for the page could indicate that it has been copied to the source room and not a destination room. Check the resources folder of the original room.

Thank Post
    Thanks for this. It had copied all the content correctly but, after some serious digging around it appears to have put them in the recycle bin!!! All the picture were originally held locally on my hard drive and uploaded into fronter. So to find them in the recyle bin was not the most obvious place to look for you room assetts but none the less that's where they were.

Thanks for you help and ideas

Thank Post
    Mm recycle bin - now that's a new one on me. Glad you found them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread