+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle Error Msges LMS's API Implementation in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Moodle Error Msges LMS's API Implementation

Iím new to Moodle so any help would be much appreciated. I had been asked to add the contents of an English resource (LiveText) CD to Moodle. To do this I dumped the contents of the CD on the Moodle Server and then created a web link to the location. It opens up, however, error messages appear (ATTACHED)error.doc, click OK on the first one and then second error appears and so on through to the last error message. Iíve tried looking these error messages up without much success.

Help please

Thank Post
    Hi there First of all - is this the Pearson livetext that I just googled here? Free KS3 English Teaching Resources
    Haven't heard of it before but if it is, then read on. (and if it isn't, then sorry; I got the wrong link!)
    1. Do you have permission to use it on your Moodle? I am Moodle admin and have been asked before "will you just put this onto Moodle" commercial program/software but you need a licence; you can't just dump it there
    2. I notice you say CD - it might be that you have a CD for showing on a network or in class but that doesn't mean it will work via Moodle. If you want a workable Moodle version then these companies like Pearson usually make VLE compatabile (allegedly) versions in SCORM format and you would have to use that. Is your CD the basic CD or is it a Moodle-specific VLE one?

3. Thanks to secretlife from:

princessbucki (15th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlife View Post
    Hi there First of all - is this the Pearson livetext that I just googled here? Free KS3 English Teaching Resources
    Haven't heard of it before but if it is, then read on. (and if it isn't, then sorry; I got the wrong link!)
    1. Do you have permission to use it on your Moodle? I am Moodle admin and have been asked before "will you just put this onto Moodle" commercial program/software but you need a licence; you can't just dump it there
    2. I notice you say CD - it might be that you have a CD for showing on a network or in class but that doesn't mean it will work via Moodle. If you want a workable Moodle version then these companies like Pearson usually make VLE compatabile (allegedly) versions in SCORM format and you would have to use that. Is your CD the basic CD or is it a Moodle-specific VLE one?
    Hi thanks for your help.
    Yes it is LiveText, yes we do have permission and it is the VLE version that I have on CD. I have just tried loading it as a SCORM activity but it comes up with required parameter (id) was missing - which I should think is some thing to do with the fact that the zipped SCORM files are larger than 16mb which is our limit. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm in my infancy of learning about and looking after Moodle and currently I'm finding it all very frustrating
    thank you

Thank Post
    My suggestion with Large SCORM files is to extract the contents of the zip on the server before you try and add it as a SCORM activity.

Do you have access to the server?

If you do try unzipping the SCORM file on the server, then in Moodle adding a SCORM object and pointing Moodle at the imsmanifest.xml file.

Other than that i'd go back to the supplier and ask if they have tested with Moodle?

6. Thanks to danIT from:

princessbucki (15th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by princessbucki View Post
    required parameter (id) was missing - which I should think is some thing to do with the fact that the zipped SCORM files are larger than 16mb which is our limit.
    Yes - I've seen this too and it is an upload size/extraction error, you can temporarily increase the upload limits (think this sits in config.php as well as being pulled in from elsewhere for the UI), but also one to watch for is timing out on the extraction following a successful upload - anyone know the parameters to change here? I think they are related to large uncompressed files within the zip taking too long to process. That is, they are compressed in the zip, but then have to be uncompressed. Seen this in an ICT pack with a very large uncompressed WAV/AVI file.

Ah... pointers here:
    http://docs.moodle.org/en/Administra...dows_localhost
    http://docs.moodle.org/en/Administra...execution_time
    Last edited by lickydog; 21st September 2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: insertion

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread