+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter Permissions Error. in Technical; Hi, I am using Fronter with our own room structure (as opposed to SIMS import) and it was all working ...

Thank Post

Fronter Permissions Error.

Hi,
    I am using Fronter with our own room structure (as opposed to SIMS import) and it was all working fine until a couple of days ago. Now some staff are getting an error message 'you do not have read access in this room) when the try to access the room from the entrance hall. I know it's a permissions thing, but i have given the pertinent staff groups 'room owner' permissions (I think!). Help - I'm confused!
    many thanks in anticipation.

Thank Post
    To check to see what permissions are set for your teachers: Go to the room and click the Members button. A list will be displayed of all members with their permissions. To change the permissions: click the word Edit at the top right of the window. On the next page click Edit next to the user you wish to change. The permission/access box will become live for that person, use the drop down to change with immediate effect.

Something else to check: are the Entrance Hall icons pointing at the expected rooms? You say you are using your own structure, could the Entrance Hall icons be pointing at the SIMS imported rooms? Just a thought.

Thank Post
    AH! Thanks - it was the xml file defining the links and images on the entrance hall icons that was at fault. Put the correct shortcuts in and Bob's yer uncle. Must have picked up a 'hybrid' version of the file during my editing.
    Thanks again for your help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread