+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, ITS Learning in Technical; Could I grab some opinions about ITS Learning, for those that are using/have used it? Fair few local schools are ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

ITS Learning

Could I grab some opinions about ITS Learning, for those that are using/have used it?
    Fair few local schools are looking seriously at that and I'd like to stick my nose in a little too. Price is a HELL of a lot cheaper (or so it appears) than LP+ and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that.

Cheers

Thank Post
    We use Its learning here and I've found it to be pretty good now they've ironed out all the bugs with their lynchpin system which links SIMS to it. It also has built into it a parent portal which will eventually have the ability to display various data from SIMS to parents (this is in development) and as far as I know this is no extra charge as parent accounts are free on Its learning. They are always developing new features into the platform as well, which is encouraging.

So far my experiences have been fairly positive. Must admit, we don't actually use it much at the moment, but that's going to change from September when we issue parent/carer logins for it and policies are changing to insist on the use of the learning platform for certain things within the school.

Mike

3. Thanks to maniac from:

synaesthesia (16th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Hi,

With regards to price comparisons between LP+ and Its Learning, they need to be made on a like for like basis as there are many differences between the two products. This is also dependent on which options are chosen.

Realtime Online Reporting for staff, students and parents and E-Portfolio are already available on LP+ - there is no wait time if these features are required now.

Please contact the LP+ Support Desk if you would like more information on the offering for Northants and how it differs from other providers, a full breakdown of features and the associated costs involved.

Kind regards,

LP+ Support Desk
    Last edited by LPPLUS_Support; 21st June 2010 at 10:14 AM.

Thank Post
    I'd like to know a bit more as well. My company has a number of schools looking into Its Learning and I'd like to know it's pros and cons, so we can weigh up whether it suit certain schools needs.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At the risk of sounding all rather educational ... surely it is up to the school to see if it fits their needs?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    At the risk of sounding all rather educational ... surely it is up to the school to see if it fits their needs?
    You are 100% correct but many schools are asking us to do a lot of the groundwork for them. I'm simply researching and gathering info on as many VLE's as possible to find out the pit falls that a salesman isn't going to tell you in a 30 minute presentation... or ever.

Thank Post
    Can anyone help me out with some problems I'm having with Lynchpin? I'd love to comment on it's Learning, but so far we are stuck at the first hurdle.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mburland View Post
    Can anyone help me out with some problems I'm having with Lynchpin? I'd love to comment on it's Learning, but so far we are stuck at the first hurdle.
    I've become a little bit of an expert on lynchpin as we had a LOT of issues to start with, but they are all resolved now.

Mght be better to start a new thread rather than continue on this one, and I'll reply on that.

Mike.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread