+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Importing Users in Technical; Hi I want to import users into moodle ubuntu 9.10. If I setup LDAP will this import all the users ...

Thank Post

Importing Users

Hi I want to import users into moodle ubuntu 9.10. If I setup LDAP will this import all the users into moodle? If so how do you set this up if this is a teacher or a student? Is it possible to import the groups from (sims) and link them to ad account?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itgeek View Post
    Hi I want to import users into moodle ubuntu 9.10. If I setup LDAP will this import all the users into moodle? If so how do you set this up if this is a teacher or a student? Is it possible to import the groups from (sims) and link them to ad account?

Thanks
    There are products avalaible that will allow you to import class data and groups from SIMS and link them to users in LDAP. The key is to have a unique identifier in active directory that moodle can use to associate the users to their course/group/timetable information.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Now you have setup LDAP you need to Sync it with your AD. I use the LDAP Sync Script.

Setting up regular automatic synchronisation using cron

There is a script located at /auth/ldap/auth_ldap_sync_users.php which will create or suspend/delete (see the setting above) all LDAP accounts automatically. Ideally, this is called from the command line once a day during a quiet time using exactly the same procedure as the standard cron job (so you will end up with two cron entries). It is important, however, to make sure that all of the above LDAP settings are working properly before you try this, as well as backing up your database and moodledata folders. Poor LDAP configuration could lead to users being wrongly deleted.

If you find that the script is not running through all of your users properly and you have MS Active Directory + over 1000 users, this is because by default, MS AD only sends back 1000 users at a time. Follow the instructions here to set the MaxPageSize setting to a number higher than your total number of users (both now and in future) to fix it.
    Link: LDAP authentication - MoodleDocs

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread