+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter - inserting videos in Technical; Hi I've created videos with my class and saved them as .avi files. Anyone know how I can display these ...

Thank Post

Fronter - inserting videos

Hi

I've created videos with my class and saved them as .avi files. Anyone know how I can display these in Fronter?

I've tried uploading as a file and then creating an internal link but this doesn't work. I've also tried 'uploading media' in the text editor. This did work however it took about 15 mins to upload and another 5 once you open it (& this video was only 15 seconds long). There must be an easier way, just can't see the wood for the trees!

Thx in advance

Thank Post
    What about embedding a you tube video or a flash file, I know it possible to do it in other html documents, not sure about within fronter tho.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    What about embedding a you tube video or a flash file, I know it possible to do it in other html documents, not sure about within fronter tho.
    It can be done.

Just insert HTML into the source. Just make sure the video host you use is unblocked in school.

Thank Post
    It can be done. You have to upload your video into the teacher resources and then right click on the file to 'copy link address' and paste into where it says VALUE"" between the speech marks. Thy this

<object ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="250" HEIGHT="238" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject"><PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE=""> <PARAM name="autostart" VALUE="0"> <PARAM name="ShowControls" VALUE="1"> <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false"><PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false"> <embed src="http://" width="250" height="238" autostart="0" uiMode="mini" showcontrols="1" type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/"> </embed> </object>
    EDIT: Forgot to say paste this whole block into the page source code where you want it.

James

Thank Post
    Thank you very much for your suggestions, i'll try uploading it using SchoolsTube and let you know how I get on.

Just seen your post Admiral, will try this first I think. ty

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral208 View Post
    It can be done. You have to upload your video into the teacher resources and then right click on the file to 'copy link address' and paste into where it says VALUE"" between the speech marks. Thy this

EDIT: Forgot to say paste this whole block into the page source code where you want it.

James
    Hi, I have just tried that and it don't work. I have uploaded the video which is .wmv format, right clicked and selected properties - copied the address url and pasted this url into the embedded coding you provided above.

When i click save all i get is a box with an 'x' appear.

any advice?

Thank Post
    We have used loads of embed video. If you are in London you can use video central service to host it https://videocentral.lgfl.org.uk/. You can also use Vimeo, Video Sharing For You which like youtube.

Another option is to use Embedded Media HTML Generator to generate an embed code

I've also started using embedit.in &mdash; Any file, in your website to put document files in rooms

cfp

Thank Post

You can do it with a Scorm workaround

I came across this thread when also having problems embedding a video. There is no difficulty embedding a video that is hosted on YouTube or similar but that often runs into problems with blocking filters. I wanted to have the video hosted on Fronter but couldn't get it to work when I uploaded the video, obtained the address of the uploaded video and tried to embed that.

Instead, and it is a bit of a faff, I used the Scorm workaround in this thread:
    Fronter work arounds?

I created a zip file containing the relevant manifest, jwplayer files, etc. then uploaded it as a new course. It all worked fine including giving the option of playing full screen.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread