+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Google Apps and SSO in Technical; Not sure if this is the right place but here I go. Hi all, I've recently setup Google Apps for ...

Thank Post

Google Apps and SSO

Not sure if this is the right place but here I go.

Hi all,

I've recently setup Google Apps for education as a test for our head of ICT. I have set the google AD sync which grabs user accounts and creates usernames when we create them in the AD So far so good. I have also setup single sign on with google apps using singlesamlphp which athenticates users both inside and outside to use google apps as long as they have a valid AD username and password, again all working fine.

I know have 2 'problems' according to the head of ICT.
    Problem 1
    He wants anyone inside of school who is already logged in to click a link and go straigh to thier google app site,"as this is what he thought SSO was"

Problem 2
    We currently use Frog as our VLE (they have to log into this even inside of school with and AD user and pass) and the head of ICT would like google apps to launch from within Frog by a single click either inside or outside of school. Even though I think this is Frog issue rather than me.

Is anyone using Google Apps? and if so do you have seemless login within school ?

All help greatly received.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fontburn78 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place but here I go.

I have also setup single sign on with google apps using singlesamlphp which athenticates users both inside and outside to use google apps as long as they have a valid AD username and password, again all working fine.
    Could you tell us more? I was trying to use some weird java thing to get that to work.

Problem 1
    He wants anyone inside of school who is already logged in to click a link and go straigh to thier google app site,"as this is what he thought SSO was"
    automatic authentication with the AD account is [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Windows_Authentication]Integrated Windows Authentication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] but "but does not work over HTTP proxy servers"

Problem 2
    We currently use Frog as our VLE (they have to log into this even inside of school with and AD user and pass) and the head of ICT would like google apps to launch from within Frog by a single click either inside or outside of school. Even though I think this is Frog issue rather than me.
    Can't it just be a normal http link to google.com/a/whatever?

Thank Post

Problem 2
    Even though I think this is Frog issue rather than me.
    We are just getting frog in - so I'm quite interested in this.
    When we were buying it I chatted to a technical dude. Apparently, Frog has some kind of SSO system built into it. He said it's up to partners to make their software authenticate against their system, not the other way round - so it depends how standard their SSO system is. Google can authenticate against 'standard' sso systems so I was wondering if it was possible to get Frog to authenticate against it. Now, I know nothing about the system and the next technical dude said 'hmm interesting'.

This would be the only way I can think of doing it seamlessly - otherwise you're just going to have to retype your AD username and password, but at least that'd be better than having several passwords.

I'm not sure Frog can even accept the NTLM authentication can it? Even if you are logged into windows against AD you still need to log again into Frog.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Is anyone using Google Apps? and if so do you have seemless login within school ?
    I think your very brave going in this direction, There have been many posts on this forum about testing it but I think every single one has given up on Google Apps because of the limitations you describe.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread