+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Fronter Problems in Technical; I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problems I am having with Fronter. 1. Its incredibly ...
    Thank Post

Fronter Problems

I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problems I am having with Fronter.

1. Its incredibly slow, yesterday I waited for 16 seconds for my help page to load, it makes editing pages so tedious and I am struggling to get any sort of staff enthusiasm for it when it is so slow. ( We have 100MB connection as we are a hub school )

2. It wanting to be routed round proxy servers. Why is this? And how does it help?

3. I am having problems with parts of pages just not loading, either giving a Connection Refused error (111) or just pictures / javascript not loading and filling the pages with red crosses and making java apps not non functional.

If anyone else is facing these issues please let me know!! Just so I know we are not alone! And if we are alone what are we doing wrong!

Also check this out:

World's Worst Website

It is hilariously similar to all pages created with Fronter!

Thank Post
    Snap! We have exactly the same problem. 100Mb Line..... Slow Fronter... They blamed our smoothwall, but even directly connected to the web not proxy its the same.

Michael

Thank Post
    Our Smartcache seems to be causing some errors with it apparently also, I'm not sure why though. I will have to try the site from home sometime. I don't have interwebz at the moment though.

Thank Post
    We're on the fronter.com/northyorks node. Yesterday we had similar issues, and eventually every page was presented with a "High_Load_Request" error. When we rang Fronter we were told they were having a database problem with one of their servers. Everything seems fine today, however. No obvious or reported problems here.

Perhaps your node is having issues, or perhaps just a bad day?

Thank Post
    Lol I wish, its been going on since I started using it which was about April. It probably happened before also but we wouldn't have noticed it as noone was using it.

We are on the Fronter.com/Somerset node I guess. It has database issues yesterday, but noone logged on yesterday at all. So no worry about high usage here lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As far as I'm concerned, Fronter has pretty much always been slow for us. I get comments from teachers regarding it being slow (the few that actually use it that is), and they seem to be used to that now.

Thank Post
    West Yorkshire here and no issues today. Loads fine and is fairly quick. Content heavy pages are slightly slower but not so's it's unusable.

@Jamo: Do you have issues with other sites or is it just Fronter? Maybe need to contact your IT support and/or Fronter as it really shouldn't be like that obviously.

Thank Post
    Nope just Fronter being slow, I am in contact with Fronter and our support been 2 weeks now!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    Nope just Fronter being slow, I am in contact with Fronter and our support been 2 weeks now!
    Two weeks??!! That's not good either for you or Fronter However, as we all know hunting for needles in haystacks can take time. Have you had progress reports from anywhere?

Thank Post
    Yeah we have been told there are no problems there end at the moment which is why I am wondering if it was just us or if it is just a generally slow site.

They are looking back into it though. Might have to get in touch with the LEA support as well.

Thank Post
    fronter here too in Wandsworth (london), terribly slow yesterday and today. Called up yesterday and was advised nothing wrong with London installation as everything is working fine on their side and the technical teams in Oslo have not reported any issues.

Called today and was advised to provide a Traceroute which is generated from MSDOS.

Has anyone had any better luck after providing this Traceroute text file to the support team.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeman17 View Post
    fronter here too in Wandsworth (london), terribly slow yesterday and today. Called up yesterday and was advised nothing wrong with London installation as everything is working fine on their side and the technical teams in Oslo have not reported any issues.

Called today and was advised to provide a Traceroute which is generated from MSDOS.

Has anyone had any better luck after providing this Traceroute text file to the support team.
    Currently awaiting the reply from the 19 hop tracert I sent! Fingers crossed!

Thank Post
    They have an issue on the support site for some implementations frontersupport.co.uk

Wednesday, 09 December 2009 09:01
    The latency issues with DB10 have now been rectified.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The Fronter team.

We currently have some latency issues with DB10 database which is affecting these installations:

Newham
    Somerset
    Trafford
    Sutton
    North Yorks
    Croydon

We are working now to resolve this and will post more information when this is resolved.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The Fronter team.
    However we have also been having poor performance from Fronter for a few month basically since Pearsons paid for them....

Thank Post
    Fast - slow are relative terms, but I guess Fronter is "slow" compared to other sites. We're a Primary school so that's not such an issue. But the flash and video stuff play faster than they do in Espresso

Thank Post
    Yeah, I can handle a little blip here and there, but considering the way you have to edit pages
    IE.
    Goto the room you need to edit
    Click edit tickbox (someone teach the fronter guys some basic GUI programming please)
    Drop down the arrow click edit
    Edit the page
    Save the page
    Untick the edit box

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast