+ Post New Thread
Virtual Learning Platforms Thread, Moodle Development in Technical; I'm looking to code my own Moodle Module as a one that suits our needs doesn't exist. I'm already fairly ...

Thank Post

Moodle Development

I'm looking to code my own Moodle Module as a one that suits our needs doesn't exist. I'm already fairly familiar with PHP but can someone point me in the direction of a decent tutorial of how to get started coding in Moodle?

I've looked on the Moodle site and to be honest the information there isn't very helpful at all. I've downloaded the new moodle module zip and implemented it into my test install, but there isn't very much documentation pointing me where to go next.

What do you Moodle developers do and how did you get started coding in Moodle - you must have started somewhere.

Thank Post
    well - two suggestions: there is a book you can get online (it's work in progress but lot of it complete) here moodle development : Moodle 1.9 Extension Development [RAW]

or else there is a moodle developer's course you can sign up to Moodle Developer Courses

Oh - and - just out of nosiness -what module is it you are looking to build that Moodle doesn't already have? Would you be willing to share in the moodle plugins database?

3. 2 Thanks to secretlife:

duncane (28th November 2009), Hightower (28th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by secretlife View Post
    well - two suggestions: there is a book you can get online (it's work in progress but lot of it complete) here moodle development : Moodle 1.9 Extension Development [RAW]

or else there is a moodle developer's course you can sign up to Moodle Developer Courses

Oh - and - just out of nosiness -what module is it you are looking to build that Moodle doesn't already have? Would you be willing to share in the moodle plugins database?
    Thanks for those - just what the doctor ordered.

The module I'm looking at developing is for student PLP's. I know Moodle have a module called ILP but we've tried that one and it doesn't suit our needs. We need quite a bit different compared to the ILP module so decided to start our own from scratch thus making sure it ticks all of our requirements. And yes, of course I will be sharing it with other Moodlers - that's the whole point

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread